how long does it take to embark

d00dsta

We are going on our second cruise in a little less than 20 days. Leaving from Miami once again but last time we wont on the Valor at the end of August while all schools other than north east were back to school. This time we are going on the Triumph. On our first cruise we were on a huuuuuuuuge line...about 2 hours long if not longer and it was almost 100 degrees outside. We are wondering if we are going to have this same problem if not worse because this time all schools are off for spring break.

I think it really depends on when you get to the pier. I usually try for about 10:30, and barring any delays with the debarking passengers, I'm usually on the ship by 11:30. But as an example, when I was debarking in Miami from the Valor last May, there was a problem with customs and we didn't get off the ship until 1:30!!!! and were among the 1st to get off the ship. I heard when I got home that it was almost 4:30 before they got to start embarking the next group.

I sailed out of Miami last year in March--Easter Sunday to be exact. I believe we got to the pier around 10am, and although we had to wait to actually get on the ship, there was practically NO line to check in. We were done checking in in maybe 15 minutes. We did have to sit for about an hour after that before our zone was called to embark. :)

Archived