Can Anyone Tell Me About Freedom of the Seas

I am going on a 7 night cruise to Western Caribbean on Freedom OTS in June.

It will be my first 7 night cruise to Western Caribbean on Freedom OTS.

Is there anything you can tell me about it? Also I have never been on a big ship.

Like are the seas calm.

You are going to have the GREATEST time ever! The ship is excellent. You will be WOW-ed. We went on Freedom Eastern itinerary last year and we booked while on the ship another cruise this year. Don't worry about anything! Your 7 days are going to fly...

Happy cruising!!!

We took this same cruise last June. The seas were fairly calm, though it did rain in the afternoons a couple of times. At those times the sea was a bit choppy, but not bad at all.

They have freshwater pools and hot tubs on the Freedom, so the swimming is great. :)

We found the parades on the promenade too crowded for us, so that is the one thing we didn't enjoy. The shows, especially the ice show, were excellent. We don't do the FlowRider, but it was really fun to watch the other people on it.

If you have any specific questions about the ship, let me know. I'll be happy to answer!

The Freedom was wonderful. Although it has 3600+ passengers you never seem crowded except if there are chair hogs onboard. Sunny Days it may take a while to find a chair by the pool but that was the only thing that bothered us. The ice show was super! The shows were fantasic with a good spectrum of entertainment. Like previous poster said don't miss the parades on the promenade. If you have kids, the rooms are staffed with councilers who were wonderful with the groups and took a keen interest with the kids. My 8yr. old had a grand time. Food was consistant and a good selection at the buffet. Portofino's was a wonderful time and we booked before 7pm so our daughter could dine. All the time we watched the flow rider nobody seemed to have any problems except pride. RCL has done an absolute fantastic job on staffing this ship and is the pride of the fleet and is well earned. Make sure you check the compass because the problem we had was we did not have enough time to attend all the offering onboard. Time will fly by and you will have a great time. Wishing you a wonderful cruise.:D

I was also looking for FOS info, and found this old thread 'Everything FOS'. It started a year ago, so just start at the begining and it will take you quite a while to catch up to recent posts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=737295

also, for some great pictures, ship info, and in depth review, go to this link and click on Western Caribbean

http://www.thepreismans.com/ (thanks Mike and Carol for sharing!)

Hope these links are as helpful to you as they were for me.

Karen

Was on the Mariner Eastern itinerary last year which has Saltwater Pools pulled in direct from the Arctic Ocean i swear,,,,,water was so cold...it only warmed up in St. Marrten for a day because thats where the ocean water was the warmest.

Next month, i'm heading out On Freedom OTS....it has Freshwater pools. Does that mean (pre-heated) freshwater pools, or simply warmed by the sun? Can anyone think back to sailaway from Miami and what the pool temp was like in the Solarium ?? Pool lover here !

Which heats quicker RCI freshwater pools or saltwaterpools ?

Was on the Mariner Eastern itinerary last year which has Saltwater Pools pulled in direct from the Arctic Ocean i swear,,,,,water was so cold...it only warmed up in St. Marrten for a day because thats where the ocean water was the warmest.

Next month, i'm heading out On Freedom OTS....it has Freshwater pools. Does that mean (pre-heated) freshwater pools, or simply warmed by the sun? Can anyone think back to sailaway from Miami and what the pool temp was like in the Solarium ?? Pool lover here !

Which heats quicker RCI freshwater pools or saltwaterpools ?

On Freedom, they are heated by the sun. And by next month, the pools should be warm enough. I was on Freedom in April and it was fine. But then I was on Indy in Feb and I couldn't even step into the pool without freezing.

I did the FOS Western in November and loved it. I had just done the Liberty two months before that and it was great too, but I enjoyed the entertainment (nightly show) much more on the Freedom. I thought the CD Richard Spacey was the best I have seen yet. I did boggie boarding on the Flow Rider and thought it was great even though I am 49 and out of shape.

I am going on a 7 night cruise to Western Caribbean on Freedom OTS in June.

It will be my first 7 night cruise to Western Caribbean on Freedom OTS.

Is there anything you can tell me about it? Also I have never been on a big ship.

Like are the seas calm.

We just came back from the fremdom on the same trip you are going on. The ship itself is very impressive, if you don't have a good time I would be surprised. Just go and have the time of your life

We sailed the FOS with our two boys(11 & 6) in late October to the Eastern Caribbean. We loved it! We had a balcony room, enjoyed the time (little) that we spent outside there. Food, service and shows were excellent. We did the rock climbing, flow rider, putt putt, H20 zone and everything else available. The weather and water was great, never seem too busy anywhere. I would suggest getting to the shows a little early to get the best seats. It is well worth it. Boys loved the ship so much, they did not really want to go on shore but we did. We are sailing again, FOS Western in Dec. Since we spent little time with the balcony we decided to go with two rooms, interior this time. It will be interesting to see how we do. There is so much space on the ship to enjoy--I think you will love it! If ?, just let me know!

Thanks for the help an the pics.

I have an 11 year old (girl) and a 15 year old (boy).

My 11 year old doesn't like the Adventure Ocean.

Also my 15 year old is a little shy and he wont go to the Living Room or the Fuel. So I don't know what to do with them.

That's why I am so happy that the ship has the h20 zone. I know my 11 year old will like the H20 Zone. Will my 15 year old like it?

we are going western in november. i think the kids will be so busy with the ports of call they will not get a chance to be bored, even if they do not like the clubs offered.

i was thinking there might not be enough time to really enjoy the ship with the kids with such a port intensive cruise. oh well, i guess we will just have to book another cruise:)

So we sail in 35 days, hubby, me and 4yr daughter. Based on what we are hearing she will have a blast with the other kids. Our only concern is -this is our first Royal, first interior -not PR, can we all fit comfortably? We had a junior suite upgrade on NCL, and on Carnival we've had OV and Family Oceanview(Spa). We are so looking forward to the FOS and just wanted to get onboard and the rates are just not the best right now. Do miraculous upgrades happen on the FOS? If not any advice on how to handle the interior room space?:confused:

Archived