Earliest, Safest Return Flight Time

furchic

Can anyone offer advice as to the earliest flight we'd be able to make getting of the Pearl in Seattle? There is a 10:55 a.m. (cheaper) and an 11:55 a.m. Is either of these doable or are both cutting it too close? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I would be very leary of anything out of Seattle before 12 noon even if you self-disembark. SeaTac Airport is extremely crowded on Pearl mornings because there are 3-4 ships returning to port that day and it over taxes the airport. SeaTac is a mess even on good days......

In 2005, we did the same itinerary as the Pearl does now..... we were off the ship by 9:15 in the third group (behind Self-disembark and the first color) off the ship BUT, because of the traffic around the airport, the ticket counter lines and especially the security checkpoint lines, we walked up the gate at 1:00 p.m for our 1:30 p.m. flight.

Some will tell you the 10:50 flight is totally ok and doable. I personally would never book a flight before Noon, however I would for 11:55. That's close enough. For our cruise next November we will be disembarking in Miami, and even though we are pretty comfortable with Miami or even going to Ft. Lauderdale airport,we are not looking for any flights before 1PM. Yes, they are more expensive.. I guess the airlines has us cruisers figured out.

Thank you all for the help. We've cruised many times out of FL and I know the drill there, but this is our first time to Seattle, first on NCL and first to Alaska! We'll def go with the later flight!

Keep in mind there will be two other ships pulling in also on the same day. The SeaTac Airport has very long corridors, and in my opinion not enough security check points. It can take an hour or more just to get through security.

Since Seattle is so disconnected from populated east coast, midwest, and southern America, everyone flies, including Washington state people. Its a two or three day drive otherwise. Probably twice as many citizens of the Pacific northwest travel by air compared to any other area in America.

We just chose to stay an extra day and a half and explore Seattle. It is a lovely city and we are so glad we did. The airport wasn't too bad on Monday afternoon. I think that is the way to go if you have the time. We took a shuttle to the airport and the driver knew the alternate routes.

We just chose to stay an extra day and a half and explore Seattle. It is a lovely city and we are so glad we did. The airport wasn't too bad on Monday afternoon. I think that is the way to go if you have the time. We took a shuttle to the airport and the driver knew the alternate routes.

Another vote for this. We stayed an extra couple of days to explore Seattle, as well. Well worth it and NO lines at all on Monday afternoon! Breezed right through security!

Well, we've decided to play it safe and take the 3:45 p.m. flight home. Staying until Monday would be nice, but we are arriving in Seattle a few days before the cruise and just can't swing more hotel costs. Hopefully the airport won't be as crazy later in the day... thanks again for all the advice!!

Archived