What RCCL ship cruised Bermuda in August,1988

C-sea

The Song of America debuted in 1982. Weighing 37,584 tons and with 1,402 berths, it was the largest cruise ship built in 20 years. The new ship enabled Royal Caribbean to expand its itineraries, and in 1985 it moved outside the Caribbean for the first time, offering summer cruises to Bermuda from New York City.

The Song of America is still cruising as the Thomson Destiny with great ratings. We cruised her as the Airtours/Sun Cruises Sunbird in 2004. It was our first cruise. That's a photo of her below the Regatta.

Would love to take her to Bermuda someday.

Hi All,

I remember it well. It was the Song Of Norway and we sailed in June of 1988. There were port holes in the pool where you could go a deck below and take a picture of people swimming:D That was a great ship.

Thanks for the memory, my DH remembers the port holes too!:o

Well....I'll be.....

Dang...

I KNEW someone on here would KNOW the answer to my question.

I THANKS ya from the bottom of my heart ;)

Interesting..the last time I saw her, she was on her way to

Cozumel and, I was in Playa Del Carmen....

Returned to Holland America Lines in 1978, Veendam was sold to Bermuda Star Line in 1984 as the Bermuda Star. In 1990, she passed to Commodore Cruise Line as the Enchanted Isle.

I'm trying to put together my history with RCCL, does anyone remember the ship cruising in Bermuda the summer of 1988?

My wife and I cruised New York - Bermuda (7 day) embarking June 15, 1988 on Nordic Prince. I still have a folder for that trip. The captain was Per Moen. The ship docked in both Hamilton and St. Georges. We still have miniature dinner menus!

Archived