Hawaii cruise question

Peace2U

I'd love to go to Hawaii on Norwegian but I'm not into the 20 something party crowd. What is the average age of those who go to Hawaii on NCL?

As with most cruises there are always a wide range of ages on the ships. When we crusied POA there was no party crowd at all. We found the trip very relaxing and enjoyable. We are not big partiers so we just stayed away from the bars and night clubs. Plus, the crusie is port intensive so we spent very little time on the ship.

You will have a great time.

I don't know the average age, but I would be extremely surprised if it's generally "the 20 something party crowd". My opinion is based on the added expense of airfare that it takes to get to Hawaii. Generally speaking, the more expensive a cruise, the older the passenger mix.

Haven't been to Hawaii with NCL, but I would imagine it would be like other NCL cruises, a good mixture of young professionals, retirees, empty nesters, families with kids, and singles.In other words, all ages.The only time I've encountered a lot of "20 something party crowd" on NCL was this last cruise I took, which was a weekend cruise to the Bahamas in March. There were a lot of college Spring Breakers, but there were also a lot of all other ages. (And if you knew where to go and where not to go, you could easily avoid the wild parties.)I wouldn't think that the Hawaii cruise would involve many, if any, of the 20-something party crowd, simply because of the added expense of flying to Hawaii ahead of time. The Caribbean and Bahamas cruises leaving out of continental US ports would tend to attract more of a party crowd, but not cruises requiring a many-hours' flight for most people.The Hawaii cruises also tend to be a bit more expensive than the Caribbean or Bahamas cruises.I'd imagine the Hawaii cruises would tend to attract the late-20's-and-older honeymooner crowd, young professionals, families, and retirees rather than the young partying crowd, but I could be wrong.

We are in our 50/60's and went in Dec 07. I don't think there were a bunch of 20ish people. I also did not see many kids.(they were probably in shcool though). You will fit right in place. We were so tired after spending full days on the island we didn't check out any evening entertainment. After dinner we sat on our balcony and sipped a glass of wine.

I'd love to go to Hawaii on Norwegian but I'm not into the 20 something party crowd. What is the average age of those who go to Hawaii on NCL?

This is an expensive cruise for most young ones to take. Also depends on the time of year you go, summer vacation etc.

I was on PoA in Feb of 08 and 70% of the passengers were over 40 and with no children.........it was very quiet and relaxing. I would most definitely recommend this cruise. The ports are fantastic......so much to see and do. I used NCL excursions and I was extremely pleased with them. Great staff.........

I used NCL's air (the only time I ever have) because they were cheaper than anything that I could find myself...but I waited for a good price on it before I booked. It was on the day of the cruise departure, which made me nervous, but everything worked out.

We went in July, and we saw all ages. It was a great cruise. I love the ship too.

I think on the cruise that I took a couple of weeks ago the average age was 59.3. At least that is what one of the crewmembers told me. Every week they calculate the average age, which is younger during school breaks. There were only about 40 children on the cruise I was on.

I used NCL's air (the only time I ever have) because they were cheaper than anything that I could find myself...but I waited for a good price on it before I booked. It was on the day of the cruise departure, which made me nervous, but everything worked out.

We went in July, and we saw all ages. It was a great cruise. I love the ship too.

Yes, their prices are amazing!

Did you book the air separately? Or at the time you booked the cruise?

We went on the NCL Pride of America in April of 2008. I would guess that the average age was 45 to 55. It was a wonderful cruise and all of us from 43 year old to the 70 year old had a great time.

We used the NCL air and hotel package and it was wonderful. We have never used a cruise line air before and it worked out perfect.

Judi

Did you book the air separately? Or at the time you booked the cruise?

I booked the cruise over a year in advance and kept watching for specials to book my own air...which were difficult to find without a hotel package deal.

Later in the year, I saw a deal on NCL's air, so I called and asked for it to be added on to the reservation. They were reluctant, but finally let me add it on because it was still months before the cruise.

My advice would be to book it with your cruise if you can't beat it on your own, because you may not be allowed the chance later. My situation occurred several years ago....and times have changed.

All other air for all other cruises has been cheaper for me to book on my own, and I get to fly when I want to, in the seats that I want.

We did the 11 night cruise on NCL Wind in May 2005 and were 32 at the time. We saw very few children on the ship, and the majority of people we met were older than us. It definately was not a party ship and as mentioned before most people spent long hours in port and after dinner went and did their own thing. It was a very relaxing cruise though.

We booked our own air, I found a deal on-line in the middle of the night.

Archived