Booked already for next June...does this help get me in the "upgrade" line?

MikeNBec

HI! We booked a cruise on Carnival's Sensation for June 18th. I've perused LOTS of weboards, and NO ONE seems to be booked on the ship yet. I'm sure there are some, of course, but I'm wondering something. We booked with the option of an upgrade, and I'm curious if we stand a better chance of getting an upgrade since we've booked so early. Thanks! :)

From what I've read and experienced...upgrades seem to be random. Obviously it has to do with how booked the ship is and who wants what type of room. However, who actually gets the upgrade seems to be a subject of much discussion and debate. You just have to hope the upgrade fairy sprinkles some dust on your booking.

I think it's more about if you've booked a cabin category for which there's demand. Let's say you book an inexpensive outside and mid-range outsides aren't selling, but the less expensive ones are. If they upgrade you to one of the mid-range cabins, they can sell your less expensive cabin. Another factor, I assume, is party size. A Carnival rep made sure to put my 3 kids in a cabin that would accomodate 3 but not 4 to avoid them being moved to a different cabin. She said they rearrange like that to make the most of their capacity. I haven't gotten a free upgrade yet, but I've paid to upgrade and got a real deal from NCL on the Sun's OS.

Archived