Help with the big "O" on line reservation people

rich40245

Has anyone used "O" [sounds like Or biz] before to make an air reservation? I need a one way BCN - ATL on May 3 (Sunday) for after a trans-Atlantic on the NCL Gem. A depart time of 9:30 - 9:45 AM from BCN would be the absolute earliest I would feel OK with.

I have/had a reservation through "O" on Swiss Air: Barcelona - Zurich - Chicago - Atlanta. Well, just got an email from Orbitz to call them. (I have not yet.) I did some checking and found out that Swiss Air no longer flies Zurich - Chicago non-stop.

• Is Orbitz going to try and make me fly Barcelona - Zurich - [somewhere: Frankfurt or Munich most likely, or JFK] - Chicago - Atlanta?

• Can we make them just start over, get me from BCN to ATL with not more than the same two connections I had to begin with?

• Can we make them just refund money, and let me start all over?

Help!

Rich

Has anyone used "O" [sounds like Or biz] before to make an air reservation? I need a one way BCN - ATL on May 3 (Sunday) for after a trans-Atlantic on the NCL Gem. A depart time of 9:30 - 9:45 AM from BCN would be the absolute earliest I would feel OK with.

I have/had a reservation through "O" on Swiss Air: Barcelona - Zurich - Chicago - Atlanta. Well, just got an email from Orbitz to call them. (I have not yet.) I did some checking and found out that Swiss Air no longer flies Zurich - Chicago non-stop.

• Is Orbitz going to try and make me fly Barcelona - Zurich - [somewhere: Frankfurt or Munich most likely, or JFK] - Chicago - Atlanta?

• Can we make them just start over, get me from BCN to ATL with not more than the same two connections I had to begin with?

• Can we make them just refund money, and let me start all over?

Help!

Rich

Just a couple of educated guesses:

LX 8-ZRH/ORD flies Saturday, May 2 and Monday May 4 at 12:55PM. There are seats available. I cannot find LX 8 available on May 3. That could be because it is sold out or it is just not flying. I can't even see the flights on Expertflyer. On the Swiss website, you can get the Sunday ZRH/ORD flight, but there is no availability for the BCN/ZRH flight. You would have to leave BCN the evening on the 2nd which is impossible.

1.Orbitz did not get the CONFIRMED booking request you wanted. Seats were already sold when Orbitz made the request. There could have been a large cruise air/TA hold on the seats, especially if they were the cheapest available for those dates.

2. Don't know what you paid, but RT British Airways is $762.50 with a return sometime after Nov 1, 2009 (gives you a chance for a last minute fall repo bargain OR a land trip to Europe. You can always throw the return away). Plane leaves BCN at 11:00AM, arrives ATL (through LHR) at 7:10PM. Two hour layover in London.

You will have to call Orbitz. We can't tell by your description which class your ticket was booked in, whether it was one way/RT or what options you have.

Unless you paid considerably less than $762.50, I would put the BA flight on hold, cancel your Orbitz booking if there is no fee and be very happy with your BA flight. One stop, great flight times.

Just a couple of educated guesses:

LX 8-ZRH/ORD flies Saturday, May 2 and Monday May 4 at 12:55PM. There are seats available. I cannot find LX 8 available on May 3. That could be because it is sold out or it is just not flying. I can't even see the flights on Expertflyer. On the Swiss website, you can get the Sunday ZRH/ORD flight, but there is no availability for the BCN/ZRH flight. You would have to leave BCN the evening on the 2nd which is impossible.

1.Orbitz did not get the CONFIRMED booking request you wanted. Seats were already sold when Orbitz made the request. There could have been a large cruise air/TA hold on the seats, especially if they were the cheapest available for those dates.

The original was booked back in July, so I'm fairly sure it was a confirmed reservation. (I've received two or three email notices on minor time changes since then.) When I go to Orbitz and pull up the reservation it is the ZRH - ORD leg that is missing.

The times on the BA do look better.

Thanks,

Rich

Archived