What do you do when it rains the whole time?

My suggestion, either put on a rain poncho and enjoy or go without one. Not much else to do in my opinion. I've never cruised and not have at least a flash shower at some point. From my experience it will rain hard for a couple of minutes and then, voila! No more rain!

I'm a Missouri girl, too.

So I can tell you not to worry. I can almost guarantee it won't be raining the entire time.

It's like a MO thundershower. They come and go quickly and it will still be warm.

Have a great cruise!

Leave on Sunday for the Destiny and the weather says scattered showers for the whole week in the ports we have. I am super bummed.... Anyone have experience with rain on their cruise? Also we have excursions booked what happens?:(

Go have fun. I bet it won't be raining the entire time.

Don't worry. I think that's a fairly normal forecast. Scattered showers means it might rain for a little while or not at all. I was worried last year because we also had the same forecast. It might have rained for a total of a few minutes the whole cruise. Since it's warm out, most people just move inside [or go in the water where it's wet anyway] and wait for the shower to pass.

One year we had showers on and off on a beach day, we just moved under a cabana at an outdoor restaurant and ate, drank and had a great time chatting with others.

We've always had much more sun than rain.

I am assuming that this is the 5 day Bahama cruise.

When the forecast says "scattered showers" for anywhere tropical, it usually means an afternoon shower ala typical Florida weather. I wouldn't worry too much about that. It usually means a 1/2 hour long shower in the middle of the afternoon.

If its any consolation, my DW and I went to Puerto Rico last week. The entire forecast said "scattered showers", and it never rained, not one drop.

Have a good time and don't worry about the rain. I hope you have great weather.

Joe

I have same thoughts as others on weather forcasts for bahamas or any carabbean island. It almost always says showers everyday, but almost never rains. Like they said, if it does it is for a quick shower in the afternoon, then back to sunshine. I was in Jamaica last year and it said rain everyday, it rained once for about half hour to an hour. No problem mon. go and enjoy the weather it won't be a washout.

Archived