Participating in game shows, etc.

oooohDonna

How do you become a participant of the shows they repeat on the TV all week?

Do you raise you hand and volunteer or do they randomly pick people from the audience?

Have been on 2 cruises and spent very little time in that area.

What are those darn rooms called, Palace Lounge er, I don't know :eek:

Thanks,

D

With the exception of the "newlywed - not-so-newlywed" game, the usual practice is to collect names on slips of paper and pick participants out of a hat. for the "newlywed - not-so-newlywed" game, the couples are chosen by most recent marriage, longest marriage and middle couple typically celebrating a 20th or 25th anniversary.

On our last cruise a game called "battle of the sexes" was held in the main lounge one afternoon. It was a game styled along the lines of Family Feud. Everyone in attendance was welcome to play. The guys moved to one side of the lounge and the gals occupied the other. It was alot of fun.

Another game we have played a few times is styled along "who wants to be a millionaire" sort of. In this game everyone is allowed to play. Everyone stands up and questions are asked with. If you get a question wrong you must sit down. Once a sufficient number of remaining players is small enough they are invited to come to the stage. The game continues until a winner is determined. The audience gets to judge any disputes or attempts to cheat. It's alot of fun.

From what I noticed on my only cruise so far ;)

volunteers for alot of the games out by the pool area and then in the main theater I watch them put a slip of paper in a bucket with their name on it and several folks were called up by that, now that was the games shows.

Didn't get to watch the newlywed game, boys kept me busy.

It depends. For the games by the pool, I've seen them use the slips of paper and bucket. Sometimes in the show room,they'll select people from the audience who raise their hand.

Mike

Archived