What are you going to do in Roatan?

staylor

I took the ships tour to the beach....I was on Carnival too....

It was beautiful....Idyllic....some of the best snorkelling I have done, just by a short swim to the reef...I have been to many beaches in many countries...this really was beautiful, and worth the visit.

Make sure to visit the little market near the dock...some really cool things, lots of great wood carvings etc...again make sure to haggle...

I'd like to go on the canopy tour but I have read in several places that the canopy tour is only through the ships now on days when a ship is in port. But, I've only hard this reported from people on NCL. Does anyone know if they (the canopy tour poeple) have a deal with Carnival? I checked Carnival's excursions and it's not listed.

We went to the Sante Wellness Center mentioned above. It was a fabulous experience. There are a lot of photos of the island and facility at the link below, "10th Anniversary Cruise." I had a one-hour massage which was heavenly. I highly recommend it!

Jamine

We hired Victor (taxi driver, booked about 3 months in advance by email) to drive us around Roatan (it was our second visit, first we did excursion). Victor will take you to every part of the island, let you stop where you want, as long as you want, very informative. In the West End we stopped and had a few drinks at a little bar on the beach (directly across from) while the kids went and played in the ocean. Excellent way to see everything at a very reasonable price.

Archived