What are you going to do in Cozumel?

staylor

You must go to Chakanaab. We had such a great time there. Got to see a complimentary Sea Lion show at noon (they charge for the afternoon show). We snorkeled just beyond the pier where the Snuba is offered. From there, we could see both the beauty of the reef including a stingray or two and you are not too far from the dolphins. I paid $75.00 for my wife to be in the tank with the dolphins and they did a full 30 minute program. She loved it so much and was in tears coming out of the water.

BTW, it was $2.50 per person for the cab ride to Chakanaab ($10.00 total)...

Great Deal for a really nice park!

Paul

First time to Coz, we rented a car and went to San Gervasio to see the ruins, then to downtown for shopping. Nice day. :)

Second time to Coz, we did the Discover Scuba with Eagle Ray - this was fantastic!! :D

This next time (in 2 weeks! Yippee!!) we are looking at a Cooking Class - it's not set yet, but this one actually takes you to the market to buy the ingredients, then to a beach club to prepare the meal, eat, and enjoy the beach. And, all for only $10 pp, plus the cost of food. I'm looking forward to this! :D (BTW, found this on Cozumel Insider. com)

First time in Coz my DW and I took the Dune Buggy excursion off the ship. Not worth it, IMHO. Just drove along roads the entire time.

This time we are planning on Paradise Beach. I have read so many great comments on the Coz forum, and Tom who works there is always posting and he seems like a good guy. We will have our 11 and 13 YO sons with us, and I think they will enjoy the trampoline and floating "iceburg". Cheap cab ride over, no cover, and reasonably priced food and extras should make for an inexpensive day.

We have been to Cozumel twice and did the same thing each time. We grabbed a cab as soon as we stepped out of the terminal. Our driver was Jorge (cab 3) on both trips. He had a large van and was able to take 11 of us. We went to Chankanaab where he finagled a lower price for us to get in. Then he picked us up at a designated time and drove us all over town to whatever shops we wanted to go to. He left us at Pancho's Backyard and arranged a time to pick us up and take us back to the ship. He charged us each $13 for the day, which we thought was pretty good. I am guessing that we had him booked for about 10 hours and he kept all of our stuff safe in the van while we ate and shopped. The second time we were there it was Carnivale and the roads were closed, so he was able to get us where we wanted to go via back routes.

Chankannab was beautiful and not crowded like we expected. We had a very relaxing day there, snorkeling, diving, doing the bungee trampoline, etc. The only negative was that on the first trip, the water was extrememly rough and I got cut up pretty bad against the rocks. Los Cinquo Soles is a wonderful store and we loved the food and drinks at Panchos.

Tammy

Archived