airport time question

baby

can anyone tell me what is a good time to book a flight from SJU after a cruise on the millie

I have not been to this port so need information

I also have heard El San Juan is a very nice hotel.... any other suggestions

thanks

carol

can anyone tell me what is a good time to book a flight from SJU after a cruise on the millie

I have not been to this port so need information

I also have heard El San Juan is a very nice hotel.... any other suggestions

thanks

carol

I would suggest a flight NO EARLIER than 12 noon and if a later flight in the early afternoon is available and affordable, take that flight. San Juan can be hectic at the airport if there are many ships/passengers trying to fly home !

anytime after noon will be just fine and the el san juan is a very nice place to stay

we have flown out of sju several times on early afternoon flights and never had a problem and we have enjoyed the el san juan

have a great cruise

All depends on where you're going and how late you're willing to get home. I would say you should be safe on anything from 10am on. It's only a 15 - 20 minute cab ride to the airport since it goes against traffic. If you feel you have a tight connection, carry all your bags off the ship which means you will be at the gangplank and ready to go when the ship has cleared Customs.

I recently took Galaxy which finished in San Jaun and had a 9:35am flight and we were delayed getting off until 7:40am due to Customs. I was at the gate by 8:15am since I was the second one thru Customs and out the door. However, there was a couple who needed to catch an early flight and was waiting to get off the boat but had left their bags outside their room the last night and as we went thru the terminal I could hear them yelling "where's our bags?" since they couldn't find them in the terminal. Not taking your bags can defeat the purpose of trying to get an early flight.

If you carry your bags versus the ships Luggage Airport Valet Service, go to the USDA screening area before the airline counter. Even with the ship's luggage tags, they now require a USDA check. Do not think you're going to be able to skip it. Also, all carry-on bags must have a USDA tag.

El San Juan is nice. Next door is the Intercontinental Hotel which I have stayed at which has a good Italian restaurant downstairs that's reasonably priced. My personal choice is the Marriott at the Condado Strip on Ashford Avenue. The Condado has more choices for eating.

If this is your first time in Puerto Rico, I would recommend staying the night before at a hotel in Old San Juan and really get the local flavor and take a walk to the fort El Morro. While the beaches are OK, the surf at the Condado and Isla Verde can very rough and there are no lifeguards.

Archived