Navigator May 16th - 23rd

benbax

This will be my first RSS cruise - Monte Carlo to Athens on the Navigator. Does anyone have any info or suggestions? Have been reading so many mixed reviews about the Navigator. We are in a Category B stateroom.

countdown.pl?name=benbax&date=5-16-2009%E2%84%91=santorini2&text=&ship=Seven%20Seas%20Navigator

So, are you on deck 10 (I believe that's where the Penthouse B suites are)? Since these are more forward, you should not feel any vibration. You may feel a bit more movement in rough seas (we were on deck 11 last month).

You should love the Navigator. Keep in mind that the majority of posts/reviews on the Regent boards are from repeat customers. Speaking for myself, I tend to be a bit more critical of Regent than I was on our first couple of cruises. We compare ships, food, service, etc.

Some suggestions: Try room service so you can sit on your balcony. Your butler will deliver and set it up for you.

Have you filled out your Butler Form online? If not, where you fill in what premium alcohol you wish, add (if you enjoy champagne) "Heidsek Monopole champagne upon embarkation". The "Regent" brand sparkling wine/champagne isn't too good -- this upgrade is much better and is no additional cost. If you have filled out the form, you can always complete a new one that will replace the previous one.

When ordering cocktails, remember to state the brand you prefer.

If, for some reason, you are not getting reasonably prompt service in Compass Rose, go to Franco (he is typically by one of the entrances) and let him know. The problem will be solved for the rest of your cruise.

Compass Rose gets extremely crowded after the Captain's reception -- there is usually a bit of a wait to be seated. If you get there a little early (or late), you'll be seated sooner and the servers won't be as overwhelmed.

If there are any other questions, just ask. One of us on the board will be happy to assist:)

Thanks Very Much for the great info. Yes we are on Deck 10. I did fill out the butler online form, but will update on your suggestion.

I've only been on one previous cruise - NCL to Bermuda. It was fun - but certainly not the "luxury" that this RSS cruise seems to promise.

The 2 for 1 fare, the (mostly) free excursions, and RT BC Airfare seems almost too good to be true.

My partner (first cruise) and I are celebrating our 15th Anniversary. After the cruise we're staying a couple of nights in Athens (King George Palace) - then 4 days in Mykonos (Santa Marina) and a final night in Athens (Grand Bretagne) before flying home. We are very excited about this trip.

Thanks again for your help!

:confused: I think I've been reading too many of these boards - it is my 2nd real cruise and David's 1st - so I'm a bit concerned about "motion and movement" as everyone describes that you feel it more on the upper decks (we're on 10).

On the Norwegian Dawn last June I was on deck 10 and throughout the cruise to Bermuda and back to NY honestly didn't feel movement at all. I think we will have to take Bonine daily to avoid any "issues."

We are celebrating our 15 year anniversary with this cruise then a 2nd week in Greece - and from reading the boards and doing online research it seems as though RSSC and this trip will be "comfortable" for us, and the truth is we are not the wild and partying type - if we were, there are certainly other particular cruises we could have chosen.

ll in all we are very excited. It seems like there are a lot of really interesting and friendly people on a lot of these boards. :D

:confused: I think I've been reading too many of these boards - it is my 2nd real cruise and David's 1st - so I'm a bit concerned about "motion and movement" as everyone describes that you feel it more on the upper decks (we're on 10).

On the Norwegian Dawn last June I was on deck 10 and throughout the cruise to Bermuda and back to NY honestly didn't feel movement at all. I think we will have to take Bonine daily to avoid any "issues."

We are celebrating our 15 year anniversary with this cruise then a 2nd week in Greece - and from reading the boards and doing online research it seems as though RSSC and this trip will be "comfortable" for us, and the truth is we are not the wild and partying type - if we were, there are certainly other particular cruises we could have chosen.

ll in all we are very excited. It seems like there are a lot of really interesting and friendly people on a lot of these boards. :D

It is easy to get caught up on the Regent boards, however, I would not be overly concerned about feeling movement on deck 10. Although we did feel more movement on deck 11 than we did in Compass Rose on a lower deck, it wasn't a dramatic difference. The ship is docked on most days and sails at night. My husband once said that being in bed on a ship when it's moving is like being gently rocked when you are a baby. It does help to think about that.

Remember to start with only a 1/4 tablet of Bonine. It may be enough without making you drowsy. You will have a wonderful time on your cruise --- once on board, just relax and enjoy!

Archived