Whatever happened to the Old CC Boards?

This is just my personal opinion but I liked the old cruise critics boards so much better. I miss the avatars (think that's what they were called) . . . where you could put a picture next to your name instead of just "Cool Cruiser." I miss the time clocks counting down to your next cruise. I miss reading all the cruises others that post have taken that would follow their notes. I miss all the silly automated funnies that some posters would post . . . now it's just a circle with a smile or frown. I miss the music others would post with their notes (I'm now listening to music someone posted on the cruise addicts board). I just started reading these boards again after about a year (something about booking a new cruise that draws you to others that love to cruise). So much has changed since planning my last cruise. It just doesn't seem to be as much fun. Is it just me or do others feel that something is missing?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I discovered, you can also turn on and off the images that you see in the posts. So, if you don't turn them on, you won't see the countdown clocks or pictures people put in their posts.

As for preference, you get used to what you use. It was a change to use this, but most of the boards I go to that used to use the same InfoPop Open Topic software have dropped it due to technical problems.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Archived