Kids on Noordam, April 19 Roman Empire Cruise

dragongirl64

Hi, I have posted this in my Roll Call forum but no responses yet so thought I would try here, too. We are bringing two of our kids with us (yes, hauling them out of school for two weeks for a living history lesson, with the teacher's and principal's blessings!), a boy, almost 14, and a girl who will have just turned 11. We have a terrific itinerary and will visit some of the sites the kid's have learned about in school, plus will be spending 3 additional days in Rome at the end; everyone is very excited. But, the kids are really hoping there will be others their age on board that they can hang out with so they're not always stuck with boring old mom and dad, lol.....What are the chances that they could be the only kids on the cruise?!? Actually, not a big deal really as it is very port intensive and we will be busy with excursions each day but still would be good to know. HAL said they have no way of checking that info for me, which I find a little odd, but whatever...So, if you are on this cruise and are bringing some kids with you, please let me know! :D

We did a European cruise last year at that same time, and there were 4 school age kids on board. There were a couple of toddlers and three babies, but that was it. That time of the year is prom time and at least around here, testing time, so not many can take their kids out. And European kids aren't out of school yet either. The average age for our cruise last April was well over 65.

We did a European cruise last year at that same time, and there were 4 school age kids on board. There were a couple of toddlers and three babies, but that was it. That time of the year is prom time and at least around here, testing time, so not many can take their kids out. And European kids aren't out of school yet either. The average age for our cruise last April was well over 65.

Thanks for the reply. We knew when we booked it that there weren't going to be many kids on board for the reasons you stated. It was the best time for us to go and the itinerary is great, and will be very busy so it really isn't a big deal, at least they will have each other to hang out with (and bug ;)!), plus no doubt get lots of attention from the staff....I am sure it will be just fine!

Archived