Dining waitlisted..what this mean?

Morcruisin4Fun

I have my paper documents. In them it says that my dining request is main seating...6:00 pm. I have checked my reservation online through Carnival many times and it always said 6:00 pm dining time. I went on today and now it says Dining time 6:00 (waitlisted) what does this mean? I realize that it is only a request when you pick a dining time, but I have never had a problem before when cruising to get the time that we wanted.

I think this is Carnival's way of making sure you understand that you are NOT guaranteed a dining time. One of our reservations is for October, and it looks like the ship is still fairly open, so I have a hard time believing that everyone else who booked earlier than I did (in January) chose the same dining time I wanted and thus, I (poor me, lol) am waitlisted.

If you do get onboard and find that you don't have the dining time you want, you can always go to the dining room and ask the maitre'd (sp?) to make the change for you ... no worries.

Have a great cruise! :)

I talked to them today they told me everyone was waitlisted until they finished the seating arrangments. Sounds sort of odd. But also found a problem with excursions she said yes they where aware of this and working on that too>:confused:

I talked to them today they told me everyone was waitlisted until they finished the seating arrangments. Sounds sort of odd. But also found a problem with excursions she said yes they where aware of this and working on that too>:confused:

I have my paper documents. In them it says that my dining request is main seating...6:00 pm. I have checked my reservation online through Carnival many times and it always said 6:00 pm dining time. I went on today and now it says Dining time 6:00 (waitlisted) what does this mean? I realize that it is only a request when you pick a dining time, but I have never had a problem before when cruising to get the time that we wanted.

Same here. We always pick early dining because hubby is diabetic. He doesn't tell them he is diabetic because he isn't on insulin, but he does prefer to eat earlier. Oh well, if we end up late dining, we will eat buffet. I have never seen WAITLISTED in the past.

In fact, I thought more people preferred late dining.

Archived