Valor Review 3/15/09-3/22/09 with PICTURES

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. My DS and I will be on the same itinerary in July and I can't wait.

Come over and sign up for our rollcall, bookgirl. My dh and I and hawaiikat are the only ones there! Glad to see someone else on our sailing!

Jordan,thank you for posting such a good review,

OK, Here is the mom in me talking.... you review and comments made me smile. Too many times young people get a bad image.

On the Carnival thread there was one recently about 4 girls not yet 21 sharing a room and upset that they were disturbed by the cabin boy. They never allowed their room to be cleaned the entire week. and their mom was upset with the cruise line for disturbing the girls. It was also noted that the bill they built up during their week was almost $4000. That is allot of drinking! It gives young adults a bad name as well as Carnival( for being that fun ship )

So glad you had a great cruise. We are sailing on the Valor with our 3 daughters come this August. This will be their first cruise.

And by the way.... Happy Wedding

Nadine

Jordan,

You have a superb outlook on life. What a great positive reviews. Even on the couple things that you mentioned like the deck chair hogs, you far from let it take over your vacation.

I am so glad your soon to be dh had a nice time and a GREAT flight. That first flight is so impressionable im glad it was smooth flying and almost as smooth sailing. Recall my pool pictures with IKE the water was splashing the upper deck and they finally had to drain it.

Im counting down till the next cruise already. Just under 6 months to go.. haha...

Thanks for posting!! Cute pics!! You two look like babies:p I remember when I was in college and engaged just turned 26 yesterday and taking a cruise for our 3 year anniversary...gosh I feel old! LOL Once again thanks makes me want to get on my cruise even more now:D:D

Speaking of pics, Valor shared a port or two with Carnival Legend which will be our next ship. Did you happen to snap a pic of two of Legend while you were in port? I've looked all over for pics taken of Legend from other ships, but can't find any.

Here are a couple of pics I took while we were in Belize. In the first pic, the Legend is on the right.

DSC02833.jpg.98a7cd2fbd5fe72e4b05ae8809c99a32.jpg

DSC02835.jpg.ffd4ad7e306c92a2cab77f52e7104cdb.jpg

Jordon - thanks for all the wonderful information. My daughter and I will be on the Valor 5/17 with the same itinerary! You said that you did some shopping in Belize - was it near the port? There has been SO much talk about this particular not being safe, so I was just wondering what you thought? We haven't picked an excursion for this port yet, still trying to decide. Thought about the city tour and Belize Zoo. Have you heard anything about this excursion? Maybe from someone on your cruise. Thanks again!

Jordan - another question! I know the Valor has a "adult" pool area, but was wondering how that was and if you saw many kids there? Also, what about that air conditioned shopping mall in Belize - where is that? Thanks again, all of your info has been most helpful!

Great review Jordan! I am so bummed that I missed out on meeting up with you. I can't believe I never ran into you either. Maybe I did but I didn't recognize you. It was a great trip, for sure one to remember.

I didn't get to shop in Belize (we were ziplining) but my friends raved about their finds. One coach check in bag and carry on bag, super cute for only $55.00

Motherxhic- your family will love the Valor! 4000 dollars? Holy moly! My dad would whoop my tail AND then make me pay for it (and then charge me interest on it too!) For the 3 of us in our cabin, our bill was 175..not too bad! Most of it was bingo.

Holy Moly?....You are too cute!! Thanks for your review & congratulations!!

Archived