Labadee Status -- Update

Well I noticed that Royal finally updated some of the itineraries on their site. What's strange is they show the Mariner of the Seas (western itinerary) now stopping at Coco Cay instead of Labadee..all the way through the 12/5/04 cruise. Its not until the 12/19/04 cruise that labadee shows up again on the itinerary. However, for the Navigator, Nassau was substituted for Labadee for only the 5/1 and 5/15 trips...perhaps they'll be a different substitute port for the later trips, but I wonder if Labadee has really been cancelled all the way until December. Also, I've been eagerly awaiting this round of updates because I'll be on the 9 night Voyager cruise out of Bayonne on 5/21...but for some reason...this is the only ship whose itineraries weren't updated. I"m starting to get a bad feeling that they'll be no substitute port..and just an additional day and sea. I was hoping they might rearrange the itinerary so that Cozumel would be added..but seeing how the Explorer will be there on 5/27, its not too likely. Also, the Navigator will be in Nassua on 5/23...leaving Coco Cay as the only other viable option..but I would think if it were that easy.... then the announcement would have been made by now. Any guesses as to what (if any) will be the replacement port for labadee on the 9 day out of Bayonne ?

Countdown to the Voyager out of NYC

One clarification..its the Navigator's western itinerary that named Nassau as a substitute port for only May (June and beyond still shows Labadee) while the eastern itinerary shows the Navigator stopping at CoCo Cay through October.

I noticed somewhere on this site that the itnerary listed for summer 9 night cruises out of port liberty replaces labadee with nassau bahamas. I would really rather go to Coco Cay but I guess we'll have to see what happens. By the way, I'll be on that cruise too.

I just called C&A desk again. Again, every attempt to be helpful at that desk. For July 16th they said either Coco Cay or Nassau, but they won't know for usre until two weeks before the sail date. Still fairly similar to my last phone call a couple of weeks ago that no indication of another sea day, at least not right now.

Hoboken7256,

I just check the RCCL web site and it shows that on the Mariner of the Seas (Western Caribbean) starting May 23rd, 2004 and on forward, they do stop at Labadee.

Past Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas - May 12, 2002
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 1997

My guess is they are making updates "while we speak" because that definitely wasn't the case a few hours ago...but I did just check myself and you're correct only the 5/9 trip removed labadee....that gives me hope (although slim) that labadee will be reinstated for the 5/23 Mariner cruise...and my 5/21 Voyager cruise.

I checked the Mariner 7/18 (after your post)and it said Coco Cay.

Just checked again and it is back to Labadee. What is going on???

[B]<MARQUEE>[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=1913020557&r=1913020557#1913020557"]Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img][/url]
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=4933032747&r=9113028567#9113028567"]or HERE! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img][/url]

</MARQUEE>[/B]

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Smile0808

Don't belive anything Royal tells you until it has been formally announced on their website or in your excursion itinary page. Their CSR's seem to be notorious for offering incorrect itineraries.

Archived