Guaranteed Rooms & Luggage

AgVball

Four of us are booked on the Grand Princess fo 12/11/04.

We booked my Mother-in-Law and Aunt with a "Guaranteed" room.

My husband and I booked a specific cabin.

None of us are familiar with the whole "guarantee" thing.

I called Princess to find out what "stateroom" to put on the luggage tags for the Guaranteed Room. :confused: He eventually said to call our Travel Agent a few days before the cruise and they should know.

If we go with the room that the TA tells us, is there still a chance that we will be offered an even better deal when we walk up to the desk to check in?

Any advice for Guarantee newbies?

(We are also Princess newbies too)

if they don't have a cabin assigned before u leave then u put TBA in the cabin # slot........they will then look up their cabin and deliver to their room........i would imagine by now they have been assigned a room and it is probably on their cruise personlizer ........

If you do not have a cabin assignment by the time you leave your terminal, there will be a master list at the pier. When you drop off your luggage, the handlers can reference that list and will put your cabin number on your tags. Make sure you have your name filled in on your tags when you drop them off.

Hubby and I are probably one of the few couples out there who request no room upgrades. We choose our room for it's location and don't want to be upgraded to a better quality room in a worse location.

i've always chosen a guar. cabin and have always been assigned one before i've gotten to the pier. the cabin has changed once after it was already printed on my tickets, but i found out by checking the cruise personalizer....keep checking it up until you leave, that will most likely be your cabin...

Good advice from others:

* Keep checking the Cruise Personalizer to see if you've been assigned a cabin

* If you haven't been assigned a cabin, make sure you have your name and address on the luggage tags and put the tags on your bags

Once you get to the pier, they'll look up your cabin assignment, put it on the tags and deliver your luggage to your room.

One thing to make sure of is that your TA has "linked" yours and your Mother-in-Law and Aunt together. This means that your TA has cross-referenced the bookings so that if your MIL and Aunt are assigned a cabin, it increases the chances of their being near you.

The CruisePersonalizer does not have a stateroom for them yet.

I called the TA and asked about "linking"...even though she didn't know what I was talking about, she did call Princess, and they said our rooms were already Cross-Referenced. Yahoo!

I hope they assign it before we leave for Galveston...my husband will die from the nervousness :eek:

Thanks for your help guys!!!

My parents once booked a cruise less than a week before they went on it, so they didn't have any documents at all, let alone any luggage tags or a room assignment. The people at the pier helped them take care of everything, and they ended up going from a GTD balcony to a minisuite. So, tell your nervous husband that having no room assignment can be a good thing!

What would be the advantage of choosing Guaranteed instead handpicking a cabin? Do they generally assign you the best room available? Or is it just the luck of the draw? Is there a greater chance of an upgrade - Is that why one would choose this option? When I handpick a cabin thru my TA, isn't it guaranteed?

I have been wondering about this since we starting searching for a Princess cruise. Finally decided the only way I'm going to find out the answer is to ask! (My husband forgot to ask when he was talking to the TA.) Can someone explain this concept to a formerlRCCL cruiser who is somewhat Princess-challenged?

Carol B.

Nordic Empress - 2001

Radiance of the Seas - 2003

Grand Princess - 1/29/2005

"When I handpick a cabin thru my TA, isn't it guaranteed?"

If your TA alerts the cruise line that you are not interested in an upgrade then there isn't a problem and you will always end up with the cabin you initially booked. But most leave it open just in case a better category comes available. So if you aren't interested in any type of upgrade, make sure to make that known to your travel agent.

Archived