Mexican Riviera

Nando52

I am considering booking a Mexican Riveria cruise on the Splendor out of Los Angeles in November. Somebody told me that the waters are "pretty rough" out there. Any truth to this? All of my cruising has been in the usually calm waters of the Carribbean.

Any information about this question, the itinerary or the ship would be appreciated!

Northbound on the West Coast always has some movement due to the currents. If the weather is clear it is not bad.

We had storms in Feb, that is why Vegasman's SIL had a small rollercoaster ride.

The Splendor is brand new, we cannot wait to be on her in June.

Yes, the waters can be a bit rough, especially going back to L.A.

We sailed Pride Mexican Riviera on our first cruise (LOVED IT) and it did get very bumpy the last night of the cruise. But, my next cruise is another Mexican Riviera cruise on the Spirit next year, so obviously it wasn't enough to stop me from cruising Mex. Riv. again.

The last day is usually the worst. We've sailed this itinerary a few times (and have another one booked) and love it. I just got off of the Splendor this morning for a 2 day Pre-inaugural West Coast Cruise to Nowhere and she is a gorgeous cruise ship!

You WILL NOT regret it. Go for it! :D

I was on the Spirit last Thanksgiving and the ocean was like a lake, but we only go to San Diego so I can't speak for roughness a little further north but the one and only cruise in 37 cruises that I took the sea sick meds was in the Caribbean on the Miracle, so it can happen anywhere at anytime.

When the ship leaves Long Beach or San Diego and heads south, she tends to fire up the after burners and move pretty fast causing the ship to rock and roll just alittle, and this is usually from 5pm to around 6am and then after that the ship will start to slow down to make the ride alittle smoother. The rest of the week you will only feel the motion during dinner.

Fred

Archived