Fantasy Anytime dining

snoopymcc

Today, while on the phone with my brother AND his PVP, we were trying to link our ressies for dining purposes and the pvp asked if we had anytime dining...I told her I did not think this was available on the Fantasy and she said as of TODAY it is! In case anyone else wanted to know...

Wow, really? Fantasy wasn't listed as starting anytime dining until 6/13/09. They must have decided to start it early. It sounds like anytime dining is being well received on the ships that have it. Maybe the ships that are scheduled to start will all start early as well, and the others will follow suit.

Today, while on the phone with my brother AND his PVP, we were trying to link our ressies for dining purposes and the pvp asked if we had anytime dining...I told her I did not think this was available on the Fantasy and she said as of TODAY it is! In case anyone else wanted to know...
When are you cruising.....If it is after June 13th that may be why they started taking ressies for it today.....;)

Ok here is what I found on the CCL booking site:

http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

The Fantasy is slated for the anytime dining to begin on 06/03.

What caught my eye was the last part of this paragraph:

"Traditional Dining

The Traditional Dining option offers guests pre-set dining time and table assignment each evening in the Main Dining Room. Guests who pre-reserve our Traditional Dining will not be able to reserve Open Seating times once on board. "

What caught my eye was the last part of this paragraph:

"Traditional Dining

The Traditional Dining option offers guests pre-set dining time and table assignment each evening in the Main Dining Room. Guests who pre-reserve our Traditional Dining will not be able to reserve Open Seating times once on board. "

Yes, the ships will all still have traditional dining in addition to anytime dining. You have to choose one or the other. You can't switch back and forth onboard the ship.

On Spirit class ships, the open dining option is in the upper dining room and traditional is in the lower. Those ships only have one dining room.

I don't know how they handle it on ships with 2 dining rooms. Whether they dedicate one dining room to open dining and the other to traditional or they have open dining in both uppers and traditional in both lowers.

yes...we do cruise after June so that must be it...it was just the way she said it, like it was actually starting today (yesterdayLOL). Will you still have "formal night" with anytime dining?

Yes you will still have elegant night with anytime dining.........

Our group will be on the Fantasy on 6/22. At the time we booked, open dining wasn't available. Guess I can call and switch that to open if we choose.

Does anyone have any experience with open dining? Is it really as simple as just walking up and being seated, or is there sometimes a wait? I would think more and more people would choose open over assigned.

Archived