Need Help Soon Conquest Room 8357

KMBB

Need to know very soon( have to cancel by tommorrow at 10:00) I believe this is not a good inside room. It was the only one left(just booked today) There is a white area next to my room, anyone know what this is? Also under the pool area(I believe) probally noisy???

So anyone stayed in this room, let me know soon, thanks, kmbb

Any information about the ship, haven't cruise Carnvial, any tips???

Oh I see what cabin it is, its a 1A. I have heard that the 1As on Conquest have been converted to two twins, but have not seen a picture of this cabin. My PVP swears it says it is upper and lower bunks, but the ones on deck 6 and 7, folks are saying they were pleasantly surprised not to have to deal with bunk beds.

Just wanted you to know this is not considered a regular inside by Carnival, they dont even show the prices for 1As unless you search for them.

The stairs are not going to be a problem, you face toward the balconys on the other side. The white spaces are just stairs and elevator walls, not to worry. I hadnt looked before when you said white spaces, but I see its by the middle elevators, not by a crew typical white space area. In fact I booked the cabin right below you on Conquest on deck 6 today when I could have chosen a 1A with port holes on Riveria deck. I decided higher deck would be more convenient .... as long as you realize this isnt really considered a inside cabin, it could even be a little smaller. thats why 1As are cheaper, they are odd ball cabins and odd shaped. You are getting a higher deck for the bottom price. Id take it myself, well I already did, only the similar cabin on deck 6 left though 6393 for me.

PS we had a cabin on Ecstasy that the side wall was against the elevators, and we heard no noise. Unless there is a noisy passenger in the halls you wouldnt hear a thing.

firefly333--thank you for all the information. I went to the site that you gave and do you think this room has 2 twin beds?(8357) I thought it might just have 1 bed. I will be in this room by myself. Do you think the price of $968.00 is a good price, its with insurance, but no air. Flying out of St. Louis to Galveston, hope I can get a flight down there and back. I'm not very good at doing things last minute and I have never booked air on my own.

By the way, you reply to me a few months ago, just wanted to tell you I'm still cancer free, will go in May for next cancer check-up. I really need a cruise, just want to get away from things. kmbb

I think there is a good chance if Carnival added a second twin to several other 1As on deck 6 and 7, they also did it on deck 8. No guarantee. If you would, Id sure like you to email me pictures of your cabin if you decide to go. My email is in my profile.

Im so happy to hear you are cancer free, have had friends go thru cancer, and its so sad. Someone my age, its just too early to be taken away.

I can still change my mind. My choices were 1107? A port hole 1A on Riveria deck, or 6393 for a B2B where I just added the 2nd leg yesterday and was so undecided. I would like to see out myself but the port hole cabin is far from elevators on the bottom deck and my sister doesnt get around well. I finally booked 6393 just yesterday, the cabin in the picture. That cabin was my only choice of higher decks, the 1As on decks 7 and 8 are already booked.

I went for convenience over the port holes this time. Conquest is a really really big ship. I felt like we walked and walked compared to Ecstasy which was so durn convenient. So, after Sept Ill have my own pics of 6393 on Conquest.

Which would you have picked a port hole on Riveria deck, or midship deck 6? no windows.

Do you think the price of $968.00 is a good price, its with insurance, but no air. Flying out of St. Louis to Galveston, hope I can get a flight down there and back. I'm not very good at doing things last minute and I have never booked air on my own.

Iv done better on price than what you post, but for April its probably about right. The new early saver is only 5 months ahead of time on Conquest, no last minute deals now.

Iv seen some last minute deals on Voyager for my date, April 5th out of Galveston, but still higher than the prices were a while back. Unfortunately, this time of year is when folks do most of their booking, wave season they call it.

You could go when I just booked Sept 27th, on early saver for less than $700, but Sept is hurricane season, so its cheaper.

The hard thing about Galveston is getting to the port from the airport. Hobby is closer than IAH, but most fly into IAH because its bigger and has more flights. See if you can fly into Hobby in Houston. SW flies there for instance.

firefly333-well it's done, booked the cruise. Airfare with Southwest and transfers through Carvinal. Should be very intersting for me, I have never done anything on my own, but I think I will be ok. The room will be just ok, I perfer balcony or windows, so I don't know how that will be.

My first ever cruise was on the Ecstasy, and it caught fire. The whole cruise had to be cancel and it was a big mess. We were sailing out of Miami with the ship on fire, the captain was trying to get into international waters so the coast grard would not be involved. It was not pleasant working with Carnival to try and get another cruised booked.

Otherwise, I have sailed Royal Carribbean and been happy with them, but they are higher in price. Sailing solo seems cheaper with Carnvial. I have been on the Mairiner os the Seas and the Navigator of the Seas, and the Explorer. Is this Conquest ship as big as them, do you know?

Have fun planning your cruise and sailing, wish me luck on all of this, this is TOTALLY out of my element to book something so close to sailing and all on my own. kmbb

My first ever cruise was on the Ecstasy, and it caught fire. kmbb

I was on the Conquest cruise where Ike destroyed our cars and Carnival did nothing but dump us in New Orleans, so my faith in them if there is a emergency is zero. Purser's desk hung up if you called from your cabin the last night, several not just us had this happen. They were pretty bad at handling the problem and bad luck we had a awful substitute CD for the cruise.

I prefer RCL myself. Hope nothing goes wrong. Let us know, Im going to be curious about your cabin.

Archived