Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

Don't think so . . . perhaps if you had some commonsense, instead of relying on encyclopedias and almanacs you would have understood . . .

You missed my wink, of course I knew who they were referring to :(

An humble Yank!!!!!!!!!!!

Gertcha, you'll be telling us the world ain't flat next.

Gari

You mean it's not?? Next you'll be telling us there's no Santa Claus (or Father Christmas, where you are).

Congratulations to the Connecticut women, that's quite a feat.

Actually Nitny it could have been much worse, it could have been Okrahoma!!:)

How could Okrahoma have gotten by me all these years? LOL

But, then, you can't have a good gumbo without the Okra(homa?).

You missed my wink, of course I knew who they were referring to :(

Sorry . . . I didn't "get" the wink ... I'm just getting really po'd with those who want to attack Obama after a couple months in office . . . even, fry cooks at McDonalds get 90 days to learn their job.

Sorry . . . I didn't "get" the wink ... I'm just getting really po'd with those who want to attack Obama after a couple months in office . . . even, fry cooks at McDonalds get 90 days to learn their job.

Yes, well, while fry cook at McD's may be a prized job in Lancaster, it's surely a far cry from "leader of the free world.":D (Not that I disagree with your po'dness.;))

Thank you for your congratulations about UConn. It is very exciting!!!

I am in no way disagreeing with you about Obama, however, I don't believe they have fry cooks in Micky Dee's, only microwave cooks.:D

Thank you for your congratulations about UConn. It is very exciting!!!

I am in no way disagreeing with you about Obama, however, I don't believe they have fry cooks in Micky Dee's, only microwave cooks.:D

Sorry, I have just been told that they do have fry cooks.

So they have both. I didn't knowthat they have fry cooks because McDonald's is my least favorite place in the world, so I try to avoid it at all costs.

The way one accepts congratulations for a national title with a 39-0 record reflects one's character . . . you, sir, are a jerk. (Besides, I wasn't responding to you - go away, dweeb)

Sorry, the sacrasm was directed at those Husky fans who expect perfection every year (and no, PM is obviously not one of those). But you're in PA, so you wouldn't have been exposed to those fans.

CT is the only state in the country where the PBS stations carry women's basketball games.

Am I bovvered? Nope - you're a Yank. You'll miss.:DSir Martin

With our current collection of "toys" we seldom miss anymore, so if you see a funny looking model airplane and your first name is Mohammad but your last name isn't Ali, it might be a good time to look forward to Allah and the 73 virgins!!:)

Bovvered had me grasping for a dictionary, or Google as the case may be, and hoping it wasn't just your sir name.

With our current collection of "toys" we seldom miss anymore, so if you see a funny looking model airplane and your first name is Mohammad but your last name isn't Ali, it might be a good time to look forward to Allah and the 73 virgins!!:)

Bovvered had me grasping for a dictionary, or Google as the case may be, and hoping it wasn't just your sir name.

Although I might get flamed for being a "dweeb" ;), I think it's 72 virgins. Course I make typos all the time (looks for flame proof suit).

Norfolk is already flat ! :eek: :rolleyes:

Gavin, I fear you have been seriously misled. According to Sir Martin, Norfolk is a land of soaring mountains and great, deep glacially scoured valleys. There is apparently wonderful skiing to be had, both on and off piste, and the rock climbing, mountain walking and para-gliding opportunities are without equal in the UK. I've seen Sir M's brochure and am thinking of dropping next year's cruise in favour of a stay in his luxury mountain resort in the Sierra Bungay. A snip, apparently, at only £5,999.99 (US$1.95) per night (self catering).

J

Gavin, I fear you have been seriously misled. According to Sir Martin, Norfolk is a land of soaring mountains and great, deep glacially scoured valleys. There is apparently wonderful skiing to be had, both on and off piste, and the rock climbing, mountain walking and para-gliding opportunities are without equal in the UK. I've seen Sir M's brochure and am thinking of dropping next year's cruise in favour of a stay in his luxury mountain resort in the Sierra Bungay. A snip, apparently, at only £5,999.99 (US$1.95) per night (self catering).

J

Do they take American Express? :confused:

J

I know, I can't wait to visit. It sounds absolutely beautiful. Perhaps in the fall when the autumn leaves are their most colorful. They must be spectacular!!!:)

I know, I can't wait to visit. It sounds absolutely beautiful. Perhaps in the fall when the autumn leaves are their most colorful. They must be spectacular!!!:)

I'd rather go off-season, when that $1.95 US is lower. :D:D

Do they take American Express? :confused:

American Express, American Excess, American Depress, American Distress, American Egress, American Regress, The Madoff Card, the MadeOff Card, and the MadeUp card.

You name it, Sir M takes it. But book soon - the Norfolk ski season is just about to commence, and demand is rumoured to be high in the best resorts.

J

(Sir M - I'm going to want a tiny bit of commission for all this marketing I'm doing for you)

Archived