Lifejackets for kids on excursions

Hi - first time cruising and will be with my 7 yr old. We are going to Caymans, Labadee, & Cozumel where we expect to be snorkeling and playing on water toys on excursions outside of the ship. Should I take his lifejacket with us in case someplace would not have a lifejacket available? He can swim but is not a strong swimmer. Thanks for the help

That's a good question. I also have a 7 yr old and have been debating about packing her life vest for the excursions that we are going on. We are not doing the excursions offered by the cruise. We are just going to hang out at a beach that has good snorkeling. I guess we could rent one from somewhere around the beach area? Does anyone know or should I just bring it in case.

That's a good question. I also have a 7 yr old and have been debating about packing her life vest for the excursions that we are going on. We are not doing the excursions offered by the cruise. We are just going to hang out at a beach that has good snorkeling. I guess we could rent one from somewhere around the beach area? Does anyone know or should I just bring it in case.

You will need to bring it since you're not doing excursions. Some may have them to rent, but I wouldn't count on that. We used to pack DS's when he was younger. Was always glad I did.

My son (12) and I are both bringing ours..if I can fit them in the suitcase...were wearing them on the plane (can never be too careful..LOL)...we have our own snorkeling equip...I want us to be safe...plus it will help so we do not get tired too quickly.

ALSO, I wanted to bring a blow up float (have a pump) has anyone ever done this??

Kris

Archived