Highly Recommend Excursion

Ladywolfmyst

For active or semi-active people, if you like a little strenuous adventure, then I highly recommend "Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves" excursion through Carnival. I just returned from the cruise a couple of weeks ago and did this excursion. I LOVED IT! It was a fun active 2.5 mile excursion where you walk and zipline through caves, walk across two swinging rope bridges, rappelling down a cave wall, and hiking through the jungle and the best is the great lunch afterwards that they provided. Grilled beef and chicken kabobs with beans and tortillas and what they called Jungle Juice..hehe. The only disappointing part was that we didn't have enough time to look at the pictures that they took; however, they did provide an e-mail address to inquire on them, which I did. They e-mailed the pictures to me free of charge due to the inconvenience of not being able to see them. I love it! I would do this excursion again.

Thanks for the review of this excursion as it caught my eye when I was reading the excursion list on Carnival's website. We will be in Belize in Oct. It will be my 2nd visit there and we have done the cave tubing/zip line tour already. So I was looking for something new to do.

Just a couple of questions...how long did it take you to get from the pier to the where the excursion took place? And what type of transportation was it (van, shuttle, taxi)???

Thanks,

Misty

Thanks for the review of this excursion as it caught my eye when I was reading the excursion list on Carnival's website. We will be in Belize in Oct. It will be my 2nd visit there and we have done the cave tubing/zip line tour already. So I was looking for something new to do.

Just a couple of questions...how long did it take you to get from the pier to the where the excursion took place? And what type of transportation was it (van, shuttle, taxi)???

Thanks,

Misty

Misty, It took us about 1.25 to 1.50 hrs to get to the excursion site from the pier and we travelled by van and bus. We had a large group at the pier so some were divided into buses and a few took the vans. Once we got to the site, we were divided down further into groups of 12-14 so that the guides weren't overwhelmed in helping us in the caves. Take in mind that it is listed as a 6hr tour and it was about that long, so if you want to sovenior shop, you may not have that much time. Since I've been there before, I didn't need to sovenior shop and wanted the lengthy tour. I love it and would do it again!

If you want to see pictures, I have them posted at www.myspace.com/wolfmystress

Archived