Noise- Connecting rooms

WineDown17

Are connecting rooms REALLY that much noisier than those without doors??

We have a RS booked, and it connects to a CC next door... Some folks have complained about the noise... Assuming they are an average couple- not party hounds (who you can hear no matter what!)- would you move rooms?

There are plenty non connecting available. However we are keeping out fingers crossed that the CC room next door MIGHT open up so my in laws can be next door... Should we risk it or move??

We booked a Royal Suite on Century with a connecting door to a regular stateroom way back in 1999, and never have again. The first thing that happened was the door flew open, and a young boy came into our suite, because the door was not locked. During the entire cruise, we heard a small baby crying intermittently, day and night. Have never booked a cabin with a connecting door since.

We had connecting rooms on our recent OV and the noises were (sometimes), shall we say, X=rated.;)

The most annoying event occurred every morning when tea/coffee arrived and the occupants stirred and stirred and ... never again will we book one on purpose.

On one of our first cruises, we had a connecting room without realizing it. Because of the noise and aggravation next door, we are always sure not to book one again. The couple next door would come in late, slam the door, put the TV on very loud and yell at each other. One night I turned up our TV a little louder so I could hear ours, and she banged on the door and told us to keep the noise down. This went on for most of the cruise and we would have moved had there been another verandah cabin available. You might get lucky and have a very quiet couple next to you. We'd certainly go with the non-connecting.

Sounds like whoever your cabin was next to, was just abnormally loud. You would here them whether connecting/not connecting!

Its no big deal. There are plenty of connecting cabins,hotel rooms etc. and believe me, if noise/privacy were going to be an ongoing issue, they wouldn't offer them to begin with!

The companies do not want unhappy complaing guests.

We ended up with a connecting cabin on a cruise--I can't remember if it was RCL or Celebrity. At any rate, never again for us. We could hear the man breathing next door at night when all was quiet. I am sure it was much worse for them as we are late night people and came in very late at night. We tried to be quiet and considerate, but if we could hear him breathing????

Well, we're in 6136 on a future cruise. I spent tons of time researching and getting what I think is a great stateroom, but it does have a connecting door. I'm taking a chance. I certainly don't want to hear my neighbor. Maybe I can stuff pillows between the doors? I hope this doesn't ruin our cruise. I hope others post positive experiences about having connecting rooms. Certainly those that have had bad experiences are more apt to post a comment here.:(

Archived