Alert: Next cruise not combinable with Welcome Home $50

firefly333

I just thought I would put this out there, as I have not seen this posted. My PVP told me if you bought your certificate since the new year, the Next Cruise certificates have changed the wording and no longer combinable with the Welcome Home $50 credit.

I dont have any, and bought the only one I bought last Sept, so it doesnt affect me. Im upset because I had 3 booked Carnival cruises that I could have applied the certificates to, but the guy selling them told me I couldnt if the price had gone up, because it was like rebooking a cruise. That only applies to if you book onboard, not the certicates, so I got all these Carnival booked cruises, one I already went on, where I could have gotten OBC just by buying more certificates, but was given the wrong info.

If you are buying the certificates now, dont use the Welcome Home credit if its a 7 day cruise, because you cant apply them. The OBC on the certificates is $100 and welcome home is $50. If you are booking a 5 day like Ecstasy dont bother to buy certificates, because its $50 either way, so not worth buying the new certicates for 5 days or less. Carnival changed the next cruise certificates beginning of January this year per my PVP.

Just wanted to put out a warning in case others run into what my PVP says is true. I feel like I was screwed out of money in my pocket on OBC I could have had. Why didnt the guy selling them say oh just buy them and send them in for your already booked cruises :( I guess he was too know to know. Well boo hoo hoo. Sorry for the bit of a rant. Clearly Carnival's policy on next cruise certificates is still evolving so they are less usefull.

I just thought I would put this out there, as I have not seen this posted. My PVP told me if you bought your certificate since the new year, the Next Cruise certificates have changed the wording and no longer combinable with the Welcome Home $50 credit.

I dont have any, and bought the only one I bought last Sept, so it doesnt affect me. Im upset because I had 3 booked Carnival cruises that I could have applied the certificates to, but the guy selling them told me I couldnt if the price had gone up, because it was like rebooking a cruise. That only applies to if you book onboard, not the certicates, so I got all these Carnival booked cruises, one I already went on, where I could have gotten OBC just by buying more certificates, but was given the wrong info.

If you are buying the certificates now, dont use the Welcome Home credit if its a 7 day cruise, because you cant apply them. The OBC on the certificates is $100 and welcome home is $50. If you are booking a 5 day like Ecstasy dont bother to buy certificates, because its $50 either way, so not worth buying the new certicates for 5 days or less. Carnival changed the next cruise certificates beginning of January this year per my PVP.

Just wanted to put out a warning in case others run into what my PVP says is true. I feel like I was screwed out of money in my pocket on OBC I could have had. Why didnt the guy selling them say oh just buy them and send them in for your already booked cruises :( I guess he was too know to know. Well boo hoo hoo. Sorry for the bit of a rant. Clearly Carnival's policy on next cruise certificates is still evolving so they are less usefull.

what is a Welcome Home $50 credit

what is a Welcome Home $50 credit

If you book a cruise within 60 days of returning from your last cruise, you are eligible to receive this credit. It is typically a $50 reduction of the cost of the next cruise, but you can ask for it to be an OBC.

You have to ask for it. Some people receive emails and mailing about it.

It's associated with your previous booking number. If you book 2 cruises after your last, you can only apply it to one cruise.

It's associated with your previous booking number. If you book 2 cruises after your last, you can only apply it to one cruise.

Actually you can book an unlimited number of cruises with the $50 credit or my PVP is confused? I booked one before and yesterday booked some more. Yesterday was the last day I could book and get the $50 Welcome back credit.

I already booked my next Cruise but have not reicived the Welcome back Letter yet. Do you guys know if i can have that applied to my already booked cruise with a OBC? or did i need to wait to recieve it before i booked

Last Cruise was in January on Spirit ...I booked Splendor in Febuary

also last one i saw was in my Currents Magazine i I assumed i would get one when I got my next Issue...one poster said you had to ask for one.....??? if so where

Actually you can book an unlimited number of cruises with the $50 credit or my PVP is confused? I booked one before and yesterday booked some more. Yesterday was the last day I could book and get the $50 Welcome back credit.

I booked again last week (for next month) and tried to get it and after being put on hold a few times and getting a supervisor on the line, was told no, I had already used the one available from our last cruise.

And just to make things more confusing...the Welcome Back credit IS combinable with the Early Saver rate. My PVP checked on it and I got it applied.

Yes, I did that too :)

and just to make it even more confusing, you can do Early Saver, Welcome Back and Shareholder Benefit lol

I already booked my next Cruise but have not reicived the Welcome back Letter yet. Do you guys know if i can have that applied to my already booked cruise with a OBC? or did i need to wait to recieve it before i booked

Last Cruise was in January on Spirit ...I booked Splendor in Febuary

also last one i saw was in my Currents Magazine i I assumed i would get one when I got my next Issue...one poster said you had to ask for one.....??? if so where

You can call and ask it to be applied. They will ask you if you want your cruise reduced $50 or an OBC. Have your former booking number and new booking number available as they have to link it to your new booking.

Not everyone gets a letter or email, but everyone is entitled to the Welcome Back for booking within 60 days of last cruise. I would call and say, "I booked a cruise within 60 days of my last cruise, I need to know what I need to do to get the Welcome Back credit applied."

Not everyone gets a letter or email, but everyone is entitled to the Welcome Back for booking within 60 days of last cruise. I would call and say, "I booked a cruise within 60 days of my last cruise, I need to know what I need to do to get the Welcome Back credit applied."

If its been more than 60 days since your January cruise, its probably too late to ask. My cruise was Jan 24th, and they said I had until March 23rd to use welcome back credits, even though that was only 59 days because Feb was short, they usually go by months not days.

If its been more than 60 days since your January cruise, its probably too late to ask. My cruise was Jan 24th, and they said I had until March 23rd to use welcome back credits, even though that was only 59 days because Feb was short, they usually go by months not days.

Yeah, it's iffy, but maybe since it was already booked in that time frame, they might apply it.

If I book me and a child into one room and Dh and 3 kids into another can I use my $50 on my room and his $50 on his room? We are for sure booking one for next year after we get back this time.

Someone posted a while ago that they were able to do that so it's worth asking for it. I tried and the credit was split between 2 cabins for a summer cruise and then I tried to use Welcome Back again for a cruise next month and was denied. I'm dealing with low-cost cruises to begin with so I think there is probably more wiggle room in the 7+ day cruises.

It was explained to me that each booking number equaled 1 Welcome Back.

If I book me and a child into one room and Dh and 3 kids into another can I use my $50 on my room and his $50 on his room? We are for sure booking one for next year after we get back this time.

Yes you can....

We booked a cruise for the two of us the week after we got back from our last.

We are trying to get a bunch of family together for a cruise in January and our PVP told us he could split my wife and I up to get 2 cabins with $50 credit for each.

Bill

Got back from cruising end of January and booked in February for next January. Read about Welcome Back Saver in this forum 2 weeks ago and called my TA and told her to contact Carnival to get my Welcome Backer $50 credit applied since i had booked before the 60 days. She said she was unaware of that program but would check. Emailed me new confirmation the same day showing the $50 per cabin deduction off the price. Actually, I had 3 cabins last Jan. and will have 3 next Jan, all occupants the same. She did tell me that it is not $50 per occupant, but per cabin. Let's see, three cabins x $50, saved me $150 thanks to Cruise Critic members!

I got the royal runaround about this. We got off our last cruise 12-6-08. We booked our next on 12-29-08 through Cruise Critic. I called Carnival. They told me I had to call my TA. I called her. She said I had to call Carnival. Carnival told me I needed a COUPON. Is that true?

I got the royal runaround about this. We got off our last cruise 12-6-08. We booked our next on 12-29-08 through Cruise Critic. I called Carnival. They told me I had to call my TA. I called her. She said I had to call Carnival. Carnival told me I needed a COUPON. Is that true?

Once you book thru a TA, Carnival cannot touch your booking. Your TA is the only one who can and no you dont need the physical coupon, unless your TA is making a issue of it. I booked thru a TA and never got the credit. So this time I booked thru a PVP and learning the rules to using it, but no I didnt need the coupon at all.

TAs dont seem to automatically give you the welcome back credit, so next time book thru Carnival and then if you want, transfer to a TA.

Once you book thru a TA, Carnival cannot touch your booking. Your TA is the only one who can and no you dont need the physical coupon, unless your TA is making a issue of it. I booked thru a TA and never got the credit. So this time I booked thru a PVP and learning the rules to using it, but no I didnt need the coupon at all.

TAs dont seem to automatically give you the welcome back credit, so next time book thru Carnival and then if you want, transfer to a TA.

are you sure???...my PVP....OOOO let me call her again:mad:

are you sure???...my PVP....OOOO let me call her again:mad:

My PVP brought up the $50 credit, I didnt even have to ask for it. I had not gotten the coupon ... not ever. Iv read that they mostly send the welcome back coupons if you book thru a TA, so if you book thru a PVP, just ask if they dont offer it.

Apparently, the Welcome Home offer only applies to categories 4A and above. I just got off the phone with 1-888-carnival and was told that this offer only applies to category 4A and above. Oh well, would have been an even better deal. I may try again in the next few days just to see if I get a different response.

Archived