What happened at Conquest debarkation November 28th?

yuyi64

If anyone just got off the Conquest yesterday, can you tell us what happened during the debarkation process? My friends were departing on the Conquest yesterday and they called me from their car and said that there were flashing lights (ambulances) at the pier and massive traffic gridlock around the terminal. It took them almost four hours to reach the terminal (from less than a mile away) and get dropped off due to the traffic jam and chaos at the terminal. Anyone with info on this incident?

We just got off yesterday, too. We saw the ambulance and firetruck, but didn't see anything else. We were the last color to be called (black -- Panarama Deck), so we watched from the ship as the traffic grew and grew. You know, everyone tries to get to the port on their first day as early as possible (us, too). But I guess everyone should be encouraged to get there after 12:00. This would allow embarkation traffic to get out of the way first. The traffic was awful!!! We had to meet our driver near the whale parking lot (had to walk through the traffic with all of our luggage). He was great avoiding traffic back to where we parked our car. He went through side streets and even through the Walmart parking lot.

Well, hope you had a great cruise like we did. Can't wait 'til the next one.

Archived