Fantastic first cruise on the Spirit

silverfish

We just returned from our first cruise on the Spirit March 15th-22nd. It was amazing. Being our first cruise we don't have any other line or ship to compare to but we were very impressed all the way around. I think we may be hooked on cruising now! The service was great, food was great, staff was great, most of the entertainment was great too. I'm not big on broadway stuff or magicians so I didn't enjoy that part of the entertainment but my wife did. Our room was larger than expected. We had a balcony room on the 10th floor. I am so glad we paid the extra money for the balcony. It was well worth it and I won't ever go on a cruise without one now for sure. Hearing the ocean and feeling the breeze at night was amazing! It was just a great overall experience and we absolutely had zero complaints. I posted a short review on the member review section with more details.

Most of the South agree with you. The NCL Spirit is a wonderful ship sailing from New Orleans and her Western Caribbean itinerary is a very good one. While NCL has newer larger ships in their fleet, the Spirit is their most unique ship. New Englanders will enjoy her Asian decor as much as Southerners do.

The Spirit starts Boston cruises to Bermuda this summer, and the folks up north in New England are going to love her too. She will make a great replacement for the long time Majesty. The Spirit has some of the restaurants New Englanders have longed for, plus lots and lots of balconies. New Englanders will think their ship is not second rate anymore. Finally Boston is blessed with a ship designed for Freestyle cruising.

Archived