Rip Off TA

AFT_LOVER

and you cannot trust Delta to fly you as they have done to thousands of folks who booked with Skymiles.

The large ad with all their sale prices, which is old "ation" ships. Go 2002 or newer and the prices are high. So we go repositioning, many do not sell. We got aft balcony for $600 for 14 nts cruise 2 years ago on another cruiseline. Always a bargain for a long sea day filled cruise to relax & enjoy the seas. But air will get you. But this Spirit cruise was BAL at $699 with no obstructed view stated when you checked it. To be told to get our air first then callback and then learn it is obstructed view. Way too high for that. Many folks are like us waiting for retirement checks to start.

Who would book air before having all the info on a cruise, the booking number and a confirmation in hand?

:eek:

Who would book air before having all the info on a cruise, the booking number and a confirmation in hand?

I thought maybe because it was a last minute cruise, and there would be no refund if they booked first?

I dunno, personally. We don't usually fly to cruise ports. :P

Guest nhrich

No kidding. Guess the TA figured that once the flights were booked, he'd be able to sell the cruise at any price.

I thought maybe because it was a last minute cruise, and there would be no refund if they booked first?

I dunno, personally. We don't usually fly to cruise ports. :P

The wise way to do it would have been to place the cabin on a "courtesy hold" (protecting availabilty and price), book air, then come back and pay for cruise. I don't care if the cruise is in 2 days, I have been able to place at least a 2 hour "courtesy hold" on a cabin, while the client arranges air.

It would appear the TA dropped the ball on this one, by not offering the above scenario.

It would appear the TA dropped the ball on this one, by not offering the above scenario.

You're much too kind in defending this particular TA. My vote is that he tried the bait-and-switch. Perhaps a call to the CLIA is in order.

Guest nhrich
You're much too kind in defending this particular TA. My vote is that he tried the bait-and-switch. Perhaps a call to the CLIA is in order.

A call to CLIA isn't worth the time. There are far more serious issues with some agencies that CLIA is aware of, and they can't be bothered dealing with them. As long as the dues are paid, that's all that matters to them.

The wise way to do it would have been to place the cabin on a "courtesy hold" (protecting availabilty and price), book air, then come back and pay for cruise. I don't care if the cruise is in 2 days, I have been able to place at least a 2 hour "courtesy hold" on a cabin, while the client arranges air.

This is exactly what we do........I would never ever book a cruise then try to find air fare......

OP I would not complain for that price....that is still a killer deal.......

Bev; in reality it sounds like a rookie mistake. God knows when I was in training I had made some stupid ones that I wasn't proud of. I had Carnival once give me only a two hour hold for the Holiday out of Long Beach. Trouble was is that Carnival reservations that I was talking with was in Phoenix and I was in Florida (like you). They didn't understand when I advised them that the time line they just gave me had already passed. She was a rookie! Rob

IMHO, that price for a cat. 7A balcony is still a steal. I have been in a 7A balcony on the Legend (sister ship) and it was not really obstructed. If you were sitting down, the life boat obstructed the plexi-glass, but you could see fine if standing, and it's still a balcony with fresh air.

We had an "Obstructed Balcony" on the Miracle, and I agree... It's not really that obstructed... We were fine with it. However, if you are told/expecting it to be an unobstructed, I can definitely see how you would be upset!

Archived