Looking for American Airlines discounts/specials

gszenacm

for flight from FLL to CCS (Fort Lauderdale to Caracas) for a New Year's trip...anyone know of any coupons or vouchers I could use?

I really don't understand your question. Title says AA discount/specials. Then you ask for coupons/vouchers. BIG difference. I have a whole stack of AA vouchers and coupons, but I certainly am not giving them away. Want to trade miles, I may consider it.

There are also discount codes that are readily available (do a search) which are generally good for $25.00-50.00 off certain air fares. But not all discount codes can be used on all fares.

Flights from Florida to Caracas can be purchased for $250.00-350.00. That's not a bad fare. Even on AA.com, flights on the 29th are readily available for $323.00 RT all in. And LASCA has fares in the $250.00 price range. Just don't book anything on Aerocontinente, if you hold an American passport.

Well, I am looking for ANYTHING at this point that would bring the fares down. The lowest I found was $318 per person...the $220+ tickets are for later in January. I know these fares aren't terrible...but when I first looked a few months ago these same dates were $224 per ticket...and I still have another $300 to spend in interstate flights once I get to Caracas....I didn't feel comfortable booking since I was still in my first trimester and not sure if I would be up to traveling...

Now that I'm ready to book, I'm looking for any discounts or people wanting to get rid of vouchers they will not be using that will be expiring soon. All I have are delta miles/Amex miles to trade with if you are interested.

As for the discount codes you mentioned, I did a search on AA in this forum but did not find any specific discount codes...could you direct me to the posts where these were mentioned? or was it on another site?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just took a quick peek on Travelocity and found 4 airlines, including AA, with fares less than $220.00, out of Miami, leaving on either the 29th or 30th and returning on either the 5th or 10th. I see NO availability at the cheaper prices for the 6th,7th, or 8th. There were lots of other options available at slightly more money, but almost all less than $275.00. Give us some dates and lets see what we can come up with.

Why don't you use your Amex miles for your ticket? Or I will trade you Amex miles for a flight (Phoenix to NYC RT) for RT voucher on AA for your trip. But if you have enough Amex miles to trade me, you should have enough to book your own ticket. Most vouchers have names and FF#, which means voucher holder must book the ticket.

Do a Google search for AA discount codes. I have never seen AA discount codes posted on Cruise Critic.

I saw the Santa Barbara airlines on Travelocity, but I have never heard of it and didn't get a warm and fuzzy from their website since I wasn't able to make reservations on it or get a number to call someone.

I need to be back at work on the 10th and most of the AA flights don't have seats until then.

As for the miles I have, I have most through deltaskymiles/Amex and don't feel like fying up to Atlanta to go back down to Venezuela - even if it is free...just not worth it.

I guess I'll just see if I can get some feedback on the SB airline or just book through AA from FLL while they have spots available.

Thanks anyway!

If you go to Ebay and put in AA vouchers, it pulls up a ton of them. I have never bid on them and don't know the logistics to them.....but, maybe someone on CruiseCritic does???

If you buy AA vouchers on Ebay and plan to use them directly with the airline, please know that it is illegal. The person supposedly "selling" the voucher can buy you a ticket, but is not supposed to sell the voucher. It is illegal to sell your vouchers, even from bumped flights. If you notice, most of the sales on Ebay are for a "white envelope", which just happens to contain the voucher as a "gift". There are currently 5 sales on Ebay, one seller with a starting price of $500.00 (is he nuts-no bids either).

There is a wealth of free AA ANYWHERE in the WORLD vouchers floating around. There was a promotion last winter-if you flew 2 AA trips into or out of BOS or NYC, you received a voucher for anywhere AA flies. If I remember correctly, that's the way it went. All I know is I got 3 free tickets anywhere in the world AA flies. These are non-upgradeable, limited availability vouchers, which expire 4/15/05. I am hoping to trade someone for Starwood points, but that's another topic.

Please be careful if you purchase travel vouchers on Ebay. Mine all have my name and FF# on them. I can arrange a ticket for you, but if I just send the voucher to you, you may have problems using it. And AA (or any airline) can cancel the voucher holders FF account, confiscate the holders miles, and void the entire transaction. AA has employees who monitor Ebay, so be careful.

I saw the items on ebay and just didn't want to risk it...so I ended up buying the tickets from the AA website for $314 each. Not terrible considering it is during the holidays, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask...thanks for all the help!

Archived