Cat. 6E Family O.V. vs Other O.V.'s

ffej

We are new to Carnival (previously cruised RCCL and X) and are looking for a cruise in spring of 2010. This will be the first cruise that we will be taking our two boys with. They will be almost 6 and 4.

I am looking for a comparison of the Cat. 6E family ocean view staterooms vs the "standard" ocean view staterooms. I believe that they the same sq footage, but it looks like from the pictures that I've seen the Cat. 6E have a little seating area right by the full lenght picture windows and the standard O.V. do not have a seating area by the window. Is the Cat. 6E loud since it is near the Camp Carnival (at least I believe that it is). Could two young kids both sleep on the pullout sofa in the 6E room? Please give me your comparison or thoughts on both. Pros and Cons. Have you stayed in both. Keep in mind that on previous cruises my wife and I have stayed in the belly of the beast in interior rooms, so we are not used to balconies, windows, etc.

We are looking at the Carnival Glory in particular and we can get a Cat. 6E for approximately $2,400 vs approx. $2,150 for a lower level o.v.

The 6Es are approx 235 s.f. vs. 220 s.f. on a regular OV (with a few exceptions that are larger).

The 6Es have the floor to ceiling window vs. one window that isnt really that large to see out of. So a wall of window or one smallish window.

(Id call the windows not that big, for instance RCL Voyager the windows are twice as big at least)

We are new to Carnival (previously cruised RCCL and X) and are looking for a cruise in spring of 2010. This will be the first cruise that we will be taking our two boys with. They will be almost 6 and 4.

I am looking for a comparison of the Cat. 6E family ocean view staterooms vs the "standard" ocean view staterooms. I believe that they the same sq footage, but it looks like from the pictures that I've seen the Cat. 6E have a little seating area right by the full lenght picture windows and the standard O.V. do not have a seating area by the window. Is the Cat. 6E loud since it is near the Camp Carnival (at least I believe that it is). Could two young kids both sleep on the pullout sofa in the 6E room? Please give me your comparison or thoughts on both. Pros and Cons. Have you stayed in both. Keep in mind that on previous cruises my wife and I have stayed in the belly of the beast in interior rooms, so we are not used to balconies, windows, etc.

We are looking at the Carnival Glory in particular and we can get a Cat. 6E for approximately $2,400 vs approx. $2,150 for a lower level o.v.

We stayed in a 6E Spa deck on the Glory room 1109! BEST room ever. Camp carnival is just up the stairs. It is very quiet!

Only like 18 rooms on the floor. didn't wait for an elevator as there wasn't a rush of people. We loved it! There is a door beside the elevator that brings you to the Lido deck! You could not ask for a better location on a room.

There are upper bunks so the 6yr old could sleep up there. Our 8 year old did..but the couch will fit 2 kids as well!

The 6E are bigger than standard ocean view...They are the same size as a Balcony room except you gain the square footage inside the room rather than on the Balcony.

Keep in mind that these rooms are strictly non-smoking as well! I wish these rooms were on all the ships!

It ended up costing $210 more for this room. We had origionally booked an inside state...the rooms went down by $165 so instead of an OBC they offered us this foor for an additional $210...couldn't go wrong!

P1230546.jpg.f7437e084e6f70e84a75ee4889bfc438.jpg

878770728_Picture134.jpg.3b8334c6b4cb78de99916605921566e3.jpg

P1230547.jpg.7310b442330102cf0d907f5eaeef0d1d.jpg

1849335085_Picture135.jpg.303c8dab4f68d98b6dbfa4496de39457.jpg

200270012_Picture138.jpg.cb97f79ec5558d363021f69d38e4fe04.jpg

We just stayed in a 6E this past July and as the above poster stated ~ this room was the best! I just booked a cruise for my 15th anniv. and seriously considered this room over a balcony. Anyway you asked about 2 sleeping on the couch ~ it's a single bed as is the bunk above. The bunk does have a full railing on it ~ my 5 year old slept up there some nights, I think it would be fine for 6 or 4 unless they're wild sleepers!

We just stayed in a 6E this past July and as the above poster stated ~ this room was the best! I just booked a cruise for my 15th anniv. and seriously considered this room over a balcony. Anyway you asked about 2 sleeping on the couch ~ it's a single bed as is the bunk above. The bunk does have a full railing on it ~ my 5 year old slept up there some nights, I think it would be fine for 6 or 4 unless they're wild sleepers!

We took the backrest cushion part from the couch and put it between him and the railing...there was no way he'd roll over that...lol

Keep in mind that the Glory is scheduled to go into drydock in the fall and theses cabins are supposed to be converted into balconies.

We didn't have a motion problem . . . this was the girls 1st cruise and I did have to buy seabands for my oldest, but that wasn't just in the room:rolleyes: I also saw that alot of the ships going into drydock are having these changed to balconies. If you book the room as a 6E ~ form what I've read before, you get to keep the room, but obviously it will have a balcony, which you may be trying to stay away from.

Thanks everyone. I just got off the phone (after about a half hour and figuring this out because I had the early saver program) with Carnival and now have a spa deck stateroom. We are sailing in July so it will be without a balcony. I am very excited. I will make sure I take my ginger with me and bring a patch, just in case. I have had 2 reductions from my earlys saver, so this is still cheaper than the 6A I originally booked. Also, I can still get discounts if anymore happen (not as likely because there aren't a lot of 6E cabins).

We've been in the 6Es twice...on the Glory and the Valor...I think the rooms are to die for! I'd take one over a balcony anyday...We spent so much time just sitting by that lovely window looking out...

NO NOISE at all from Camp Carnival in fact one of the quietest places on the ship cause the Spa closes early and there are so few cabins up there.

Anyone know if they are converting the Spa deck rooms to balconies on all the ships...makes me sad if they are!

Stayed in one on the Conquest....loved it!!!! The view is to die for! I will say that one night right before midnight, I heard this loud noise like something scraping against the ceiling....very loud and annoying! I finally went up there and found out that camp carnival older age group was having races up on deck! Wow! Thankfully when I realized what it was they were rapping up. It was soooooooooo loud!!! But it was only one night and I still love the cabin! I am so sad that they are converting these to balconies as I would take one of these windows over a balcony any day, especially with children since the balcony makes me nervous.

This willbe our third time with a 6E and also in the same cabin number..Twice on the Conquest and this itme on the Liberty. Love, love, love these rooms.

Very quiet.Very nice to be so close to the "action" decks and food/buffet/pizza...lol.

I was a little disappointed though because when the Liberty went into drydock in Oct08 they were supposed to change over to balconies..but they did not change them on the LIberty. I was wanting a balcony for the price of a OV>>>selfish me!

If you book it ..you will LOVE it..

Carla

Keep in mind that the Glory is scheduled to go into drydock in the fall and theses cabins are supposed to be converted into balconies.

The glory is still sailing in the fall, she is just switching ports....she is going into dry dock sometime in 2010..Dream is taking her place in Port Canaveral

Archived