OK, what are we really missing out on....

kywildcatfanone

For us, it depends on the port - if it's a new one to us, we get off early, see/do everything we can, and get back on board exhausted.

However, if it's a repeat, we might do less or just relax around town. We always at least get off the ship and have a beer while people watching.

On board, we do, or don't do, whatever we like. :cool:

OFF TOPIC--but--hello KY WILDCAT FAN!! What a "bummer" of a basketball season!!

We are from Western Kentucky. Our next cruise is May 9 to the Med.

Just wanted to "sneak" in on your posting and say "Go Big Blue".

Hi Joyce. Tomorrow might be a very interesting day in Wildcat land. It's kind of funny because last year on my spring break cruise, I wore my UK had (and I will again this time as well), and I struck up a conversation with a IU fan, and while we were onboard they hired their coach, Tom Crean. UK might be looking for a coach while I am onboard this time.

I was heartbroken for WKU last weekend....

Mike

I turned on the radio this morning and all they're talking about is when is Gillispie going and who's the best to replace him. I noticed OP was posting during the UK-Notre Dame game last night. Too painful to watch?;)

We leave on the Ruby on Saturday and I'm hoping they'll be showing the games on MUTS! You know, there's still a team from Kentucky in the NCAA.:D

Actually I was watching the game and typing on my notebook, but my post turned out to be the more interesting of the two...icon12.gif UGH, what a season. I'm a football season ticket holder, and right now, that looks pretty good. Unlike some UK fans, I will be rooting for Louisville...

Mike

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what makes a cruise enjoyable for you. I have some good ideas now. I think I will have to check out the International Cafe at various times of the day, just to sample the food options. My problem is everything else I do is on the Lido deck, and I will have to get up and go downstairs.:D

Anyway, you are all right, what makes a cruise special is that you are doing what you enjoy, whether it's reading a book each day, dancing, eating, watching the ocean go by, shows, eating, shore excursions, swimming, relaxing, eating (I did mention eating, didn't I?). I'm sure that is what we will do this next week.

Thanks again for all of the wonderful comments!

Mike

Actually I was watching the game and typing on my notebook, but my post turned out to be the more interesting of the two...icon12.gif UGH, what a season. I'm a football season ticket holder, and right now, that looks pretty good. Unlike some UK fans, I will be rooting for Louisville...

Mike

Well, we're season football ticket holders too, and a lot of UL fans were hoping we'd be looking for a new coach too. I say give him another year, but UK's looking better than UL for football. I like Rich Brooks, he has a lot of class.

Well, we're season football ticket holders too, and a lot of UL fans were hoping we'd be looking for a new coach too. I say give him another year, but UK's looking better than UL for football. I like Rich Brooks, he has a lot of class.

Yeah, he wasn't in my top 100 when they hired him, but he has turned out to be a pretty good coach, who does things right, and has a lot of class.

I'm not sure what is best for UL. I'm almost always in agreement with a coach having 3-4 years (including Gillespie now), but Kragethorpe has really gone backwards, or Petrino knew it was all falling apart and bailed before it got to where it's been with Kragethorpe. I hope they do better this year, except for one game of course.icon12.gif

Mike

...we never go to any luncheons we're invited to or the repeaters parties.

We are highly protective of our time on a ship, but I would highly recommend trying the most travelled luncheons if that is what you are turning down. They are great! Sometimes we get invited and sometimes we don't but they are well worth the time. We sat with the cruise director the last time and laughed the entire time. It was a blast and the food and service are superior.

We, too typically turn down the repeat passenger parties.

Archived