msc express check-in

parisienneatheart

I was told by MSC reservations that the Express Check In has been discontinued. All there is is the Declaration Form, that you must fill in and by fax or "submit", send to them at least 72 hours before departure. Otherwise you will have to be filling out that form on the pier and be checked in at least 2 hours before departure or they will not let you onboard. It's a Homeland Security thing. Were you able to find WHERE on that website to find e-tickets? I've been going nuts.:eek:

I was able to do web check-in yesterday, on Tuesday. One of my friends was able to do it this afternoon, but another one called me to complain that she wasn't able to check-in. I was telling her to disable pop-up blocker, she tried both computers at home without any luck. Try again tomorrow, maybe they had system trouble.

check in still wouldn't work this morning...thurs. i did disable the popups but didn't have any luck with it either. since it is less than 72 hours to departure, i will fill out the declaration form at the pier i guess. i didn't know i had to do it. i thought you did that before you got off of the ship, not going on.?.

Here's a response from MSC to the e-mail:

Dear XXXX,

As mentioned on our web check in webpage, the on-line check in can be made up to 72 hours before the day of departure, so it is unfortunately too late to do it. Since your departure is March 28st, the latest you could have done it was March 25th at 6pm (because we work on Italy time).

Usually there is no line up at the Fort Lauderdale pier, so you do not have to worry about it. This procedure was not mandatory.

Please note that you have to be on the ship at least 90 minutes prior the departure time.

We really apologize for the inconvenience and we wish you had a great time with us.

Best regards

• 7 months later...

I have been trying to check in with MSC Express....

all I get is a button to save the info I entered, then it shows info and then has 2 buttons to click, one to edit info, one to create the form to show at check-in, am I missing something I feel like I should bve able to click submit somewhere. I have already filled in and submitted the Guest Declaration form.....

My cruise is on Poesia Nov. 20th

Joe

Archived