Best carnival snorkel excursion in belize

cruzy-sue

Going to Belize in May and really think we want to do a snorkel/beach trip. Can anyone here recommend a great trip - where and why?

Don't want to cave tube - too much work -

Don't want to snorkel with sharks -to scary....

Please give recommendations either through Carnival or independent.

Thanks!

We are cruising to Belize in May also. We're doing the catamaran snorkel trip that picks you up right at the boat and takes you out to the reef for snorkeling and then to the private beach. This is our first trip to Belize and we heard Belize City isn't that great and hauling a tube to some cave to float around in cold dark water while holding onto someone else, just doesn't sound appealing, so we're opting to skip actually setting foot on the mainland.

Supposedly, the private beach is/was Bannister Island, but I heard Carnival isn't renewing its contract with Bannister Island, so I'm not sure which beach we'll end up at. However, I do know we'll be snorkeling the barrier reef.

We went on the Coral Breeze Snorkel, Bannister Island beach break and Manatee watch trip this past Tuesday in Belize. We had an EXCELLENT time! There were about 15 of us in the boat and we went snorkeling first, which was amazing. Mr. Big was our guide and he was great. He took the time to show us all types of sea life and different fish which was very interesting. Then we went to Bannister island and had the place practically to ourselves! It was one of the most beautiful islands I have ever been to. After about an hour and a half at the beach, we were back in the boat looking for manatee's on the way back. I think we saw one, but not sure. The trip was about 5 hours total and I highly recommend it!

Thank you so much for responding. That is exactly what I wanted to do. Are you doing this with Carnival? Can you tell me the name of that shore excursions?

Thanks.

It's listed as the Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break and is $69 per person on our cruise. The catamaran comes right out to the ship to pick you up.

Archived