Sky 3/16 mini review, any questions just ask!

Angie8264

Ok just got back from my first cruise ever and I am very pleased with everything.

We stayed at Laquinta East the night before(free parking while we were gone) They have a free shuttle to the port you just have to sign up when you check in. The shuttle was on time, no hassles there at all.

When we arrived at the port it was an extremely easy process and not a long wait at all. We were on the ship by noon.( We left the hotel at 10am)

We were able to see our room at around 1-130pm.

We were on the Fjord deck 9 room 9232 (balcony room)

The food at all the buffets we both enjoyed very much.( I ate wayyy to much lol)

We went to see Rich Purpora and he was an excellent comedian. We also went to Dazzles nightclub a few nights we both enjoyed the atmosphere.(Wasnt too keen on paying 6.04 for less that a half glass of white wine!:eek:)

Our room steward was Bianca and she was great. left choc mints on the bed 2 nights, choc cookies one night and a towel elephant one night.

First stop was in Nassau and I loved it! Not as tropical as what I had imagined but beautiful on the beach. We took a mini van to the beach for 4.00 per person and the same on the ride back. The driver was hiliarous to say the least, I think we were all wondering if we would even make it to the beach the way he was driving lol)

2nd stop was Great Stirup Cay. We walked to the lighthouse and back, enjoyed the beach and the hammocks. Then of course it came a huge down pour and put a damper on things. But all in all we still had a great time there.:D

I will definately be goin on another cruise with NCL!

Oh another thing we did have to take a taxi back to the hotel the cost for that was 24.90.

What beach in Nassau did you go to? Cabbage beach? Was there tons of people? Were you able to swim? Were you bothered by vendors? Also, what time were you able to get off the ship both in Nassau and in GSC?

Im not sure which beach it was, we just hopped in a mini van that took us there. We got off the ship about 8:15 in Nassau and about 9:00am in GSC. No vendors at all in GSC but Nassau was another story. Several were walking around selling braclets and necklaces and others were doing the excursions. All you had to do was say you werent intrested and they would go on to the next person. In Nassau yes there were several ppl but it wasnt over crowded and yes there was plenty of room to swim. We had a ball the way the waves would pull you to shore then back out again. Water was cold at first but once you got all wet it was fine and felt great.

Ok just got back from my first cruise ever and I am very pleased with everything.

We stayed at Laquinta East the night before(free parking while we were gone) They have a free shuttle to the port you just have to sign up when you check in. The shuttle was on time, no hassles there at all.

When we arrived at the port it was an extremely easy process and not a long wait at all. We were on the ship by noon.( We left the hotel at 10am)

We were able to see our room at around 1-130pm.

We were on the Fjord deck 9 room 9232 (balcony room)

The food at all the buffets we both enjoyed very much.( I ate wayyy to much lol)

We went to see Rich Purpora and he was an excellent comedian. We also went to Dazzles nightclub a few nights we both enjoyed the atmosphere.(Wasnt too keen on paying 6.04 for less that a half glass of white wine!:eek:)

Our room steward was Bianca and she was great. left choc mints on the bed 2 nights, choc cookies one night and a towel elephant one night.

First stop was in Nassau and I loved it! Not as tropical as what I had imagined but beautiful on the beach. We took a mini van to the beach for 4.00 per person and the same on the ride back. The driver was hiliarous to say the least, I think we were all wondering if we would even make it to the beach the way he was driving lol)

2nd stop was Great Stirup Cay. We walked to the lighthouse and back, enjoyed the beach and the hammocks. Then of course it came a huge down pour and put a damper on things. But all in all we still had a great time there.:D

I will definately be goin on another cruise with NCL!

Oh another thing we did have to take a taxi back to the hotel the cost for that was 24.90.

Glad you had a great first cruise..:) I will be on the SKY in less then 2 weeks and really need the break.. Thanks for the review and it's time for you to start planning the next one..:D

Glad you had a great first cruise..:) I will be on the SKY in less then 2 weeks and really need the break.. Thanks for the review and it's time for you to start planning the next one..:D

I already am! LOL :D

Angie: Did you you bring kids onboard? If so, can you tell me more about the kids club? Do you have any of the dailies? Also, did you eat in any of the specialty restaurants?

No I didnt have kids with me(this was my vacation!;)

Yes I have the dailies for every day that we were there.

I never made it to any of the specialty resturants, there was so much food everywhere I didnt find it necessary. While I am at home we eat out quite often so getting dressed up for dinner didnt appeal to me:D

Any chance you can post the dailies for us? Any idea how long Rich Purpura will be onboard?

Sure as long as its allowed.

No one ever said how long Rich Purpura would be there.

I'll scan the dailies and get them posted soon.

Great, thanks!...we're four weeks from boarding...woo hoo!

Congrats I wish I was going again in 4 weeks Have fun!

I am trying to scan the dailies but my scanner is giving me fits, if I dont get them on tonight I will take them to work and do it from there.

Angie: Did you you bring kids onboard? If so, can you tell me more about the kids club? Do you have any of the dailies? Also, did you eat in any of the specialty restaurants?

We were on this same cruise. my son (age 10) went to the kids club. He really enjoyed it. He would go at night after dinner while we went to the shows. It seemed they had quite a bit for the kids to do. They even had a scavenger hunt while we were on GSC. Of course we had to do it in the pouring rain. Just made it all the more fun! :)

We were on this same cruise. my son (age 10) went to the kids club. He really enjoyed it. He would go at night after dinner while we went to the shows. It seemed they had quite a bit for the kids to do. They even had a scavenger hunt while we were on GSC. Of course we had to do it in the pouring rain. Just made it all the more fun! :)

Hey Stephanie did you get caught in the heavy down pour? We were getting on the tender boat going back when it started and all the ones that were there to go to the island refused to get off the tender so for a bit it was quite a mess lol but we had a great time! We walked to the lighthouse and back and took some of the other paths also.

Any chance you can post the dailies for us? Any idea how long Rich Purpura will be onboard?

15mfckh.jpg

Here is day 1 let me know if you can read it, if you can I will just keep adding them to this post:)

well I tried adding them all to that post but it only allows you 15 min to do that. Anyway here is day 4.

29x6y6b.jpg

day 2

2vjvps5.jpg

day 3

9jogv6.jpg

Finally got all of em lol. Hope this helps. They had other things as well each daily is 4 pages, the first page shows the highlights if you have any other questions about whats going on just let me know.

Ok,so I saw you didnt take your kids.Mine are young,and I dont plan on taking them yet...But I was just wondering if youd reccoemnd this ship for a girls only cruise. Ive never cruised yet,but am considering going ahead and booking for 10/10 due to the cheap prices. Did you like the Bahama's? Were you bored at all? I dont think Id want to spend the extra on the resturanunts either,so thanks for that! Im glad you had fun!

Ok,so I saw you didnt take your kids.Mine are young,and I dont plan on taking them yet...But I was just wondering if youd reccoemnd this ship for a girls only cruise. Ive never cruised yet,but am considering going ahead and booking for 10/10 due to the cheap prices. Did you like the Bahama's? Were you bored at all? I dont think Id want to spend the extra on the resturanunts either,so thanks for that! Im glad you had fun!

Yes I would recommend it. It was a great ship, plenty to do I never got bored and I loved the bahamas. Great Stirup Cay is more tropical(island is uninhibited). In Nassau you have lots of little shops but if you want a day at the beach it was 4.00pp each way to get there(well worth it) You do have a lot of vendors selling braclets, hair braiding, excursions but just tell them no and they move on.

Have fun on your cruise!

Thank you Angie. You are awesome. I love when people stick around to answer questions, post dailies, etc. after their cruise. So many people ask questions, then go, and disappear!! One last question, how was the ship as far as sea-sickness go? Was it rough? Smooth? I was on the Pacific ocean last year and one day you could barely make it up the stairs because the ship swayed so bad. Just curious.

Thank you Angie. You are awesome. I love when people stick around to answer questions, post dailies, etc. after their cruise. So many people ask questions, then go, and disappear!! One last question, how was the ship as far as sea-sickness go? Was it rough? Smooth? I was on the Pacific ocean last year and one day you could barely make it up the stairs because the ship swayed so bad. Just curious.

I never got sea sick at all and the only time I really felt anything at all was the last night( I couldnt sleep) and when I was laying in the bed I could feel the ship rocking gently back and forth. It wasnt bad at all. They do have the bonine pills at the galleria gift shops in case anyone did need them.

There are safes in the rooms, correct? How do they work? Enter a code on a key pad or do they open with a credit card?

Yes it works with a code and is really easy to figure out. Took me about a minute.

Archived