Stopping at Port canaveral and Key West

VABeach

I've heard there are problems getting on and off the ship at these two ports for the day. My dad has booked Deep Sea Fishing Excursions at both (through RCCL at Key West, on his own at Port Canaveral). Can anyone elaborate or give helpful info.??? Thanks!:cool:

I've heard that recently due to new Homeland Security procedures that EVERYONE has to go throught Customs whether they are getting off the ship or not before they let ANYONE off. I have heard stories of the ship docking at 7:00am and people not getting off until around 11:00am. This supposedly is because you are returning to a US port after being in another country. This is suppose to be a new thing and I was wondering if anyone could comment.

Well it is not a "new thing" as I read your comment. I have been through it in 2001, 2002, all since 911 etc. Ships that do stop at a foreign port and return or go to to a US port or territory (example you stop at Nassau then next stop at San Juan) everyone including people who are not planning to go ashore must clear customs. It is painless but a pain in the neck when travelers don't show up to clear on board.

Bon Voyage

I understand what you are saying. I think the "new" part is the "new" length of time it takes to do this. Or at least that was what I got from it.

I'm wondering if I should tell my dad not to book his trip before 12:00pm.:confused:

Archived