FLORENCE on a sunday

alan mackem

Cruising the med this summer on Ventura and we're due to stop at Livorno on a sunday. Is there much to do/see on a sunday in what I understand to be a beautiful city, or is a shorter visit to Pisa a better choice of shore excursion?

When your tour brochure comes, see what they are offering. The churches maybe closed as the service will be on, like in Rome St Peters and The Vatican are closed I believe to tourists on Sundays. There are still plenty of things to see.

Have you been to Florence before? With Pisa there were a few options 'Pisa and Swim' was one, a trip to Pisa to see the tower and have a coffee then they took you to a nearby beach, might be good for a Sunday?

link to photos of Florence and Pisa half way through my Med album, all from outside anyway as we didn't have time to go inside, very stunning places both Pisa and Florence.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/ArcadiaMedCruiseJune07#5084168378485036306

Thanks for that. No, I've never been to Florence before and didn't want to make the long journey and then have very little to do. I'll decide what to do when the list of excursions come through but at least a visit to Florence will now be consisered. Thanks again and thanks for the photos link, really appreciated.

Alan

Alan

When the 'list of excursions' comes it is infact a tour booklet with full descriptions of tours offered at each port. The ones pando have chosen for you for your Sunday in Florence will be very descriptive, so you will have a much better idea then of your options.

Archived