Piano Bars - All Smoking?

John&John

I can't imagine that you might be buying those cigarettes...;)

If they put both cigarette bootleggers AND the people who buy from them in prison for a while - where bootlegged cigarettes are more like $100/pack - that might help solve that problem.

If they put both cigarette bootleggers AND the people who buy from them in prison for a while - where bootlegged cigarettes are more like $100/pack - that might help solve that problem.

I wanna know where these trunks are in Philly,that are selling these. :rolleyes:

Are they in the parking lot next to the guys in the van selling the "extra" home theater speakers they have? :p

Oh noo....this is why 60% of my S&S bill has the piano bar listed on it :p

I feel bad for the entertainers. It bad enough that they are now being asked to sing for 5 hours, but to have to do in in a smoke filled room is tough. An improved ventalation system would help everyone, however I don't see Carnival spending the $$$ necessary to do that now. :(

Who is making them work there?

Umm...... you are completely wrong here. As far as bars on the ship go, the piano bar is one of the most profitable (considering there are only two servers and they have a good performer of course :p ). This bar routinely out sells other venues that are more then double it's size. There are also plenty of people who cruise Carnival because of their piano bars... It's one of their "signature icons"..... I'm sure they care quite a bit about them..... A LOT of money (repeat cruisers) is made there.....

Once again I doubt this. I have been on 7 Carnival Cruises, and visit the Piano bar nightly, and never see a "money making" crowd that will make or break Carnival's bank account. At the most on the Liberty two years ago, there were 35 people in there. The Disco and the Karoke bar had 5 times that amount when they were up and running.

Don't you think that every guest should be able to enjoy everything that the cruise has to offer, including the Piano Bar experience, without having to expose themselves to something that has been proven to be detrimental to one's health?

You mean like the overating at the Buffet and in the dining rooms, or better yet, all of the liver damage done at the bar? Geez. if you are that hyper-sensitive to cigarette smoke, stay home, cruise on a smoke free line/ship, or go to an all inclusive that is smoke free! If you want the same rights as a smoker, then it's 50-50!

You mean like the overating at the Buffet and in the dining rooms, or better yet, all of the liver damage done at the bar? Geez. if you are that hyper-sensitive to cigarette smoke, stay home, cruise on a smoke free line/ship, or go to an all inclusive that is smoke free! If you want the same rights as a smoker, then it's 50-50!

I believe they were referring to second hand smoke being detrimental to ones health......is there such a thing as second hand cirrhosis or obesity:confused::p

I believe they were referring to second hand smoke being detrimental to ones health......is there such a thing as second hand cirrhosis or obesity:confused::p

Yeah there is. It's called my insurace premium going up after they released last year that Obesity was the number one cause of insurace increases in the United States! That's how it effects me!

Comparing breathing in second hand smoke and watching others overeat at the buffet and getting liver damage at the bars is completely ridiculous!

What's with the 50-50. 1/2 of the paino bar is smoking and 1/2 is not? :eek:

Yeah there is. It's called my insurace premium going up after they released last year that Obesity was the number one cause of insurace increases in the United States! That's how it effects me!

That was not the point.........If you are eating or drinking yourself into oblivion it will not kill me;)

So if I am sitting near a large person I will gain weight?:confused:

If that works, I am gonna find some skinny peeps to sit next to!:cool: :D

I smoke cigars on occasion (let the bashing begin). If I am in a public place that allows smoking and others are present I politely ask if they mind. If they do then I don't light up. There are plenty of places to smoke on ships (whatever side is smoking, bars and balcony).

I agree that smokers and non smokers should have their places to go. Oh wait they already do. Restaurants around here you can't smoke in so why am I restricted on going to these restaurants. Plain and simple if I want to smoke and they have a no smoking policy then I go somewhere else.

Do I cruise Carnival because of the smoking policy...no. I cruise Carnival because I enjoy the cruise and not worry about the small stuff.

Some people will complain about anything and everything given the chance. It is their opinion and they are entitled to it even if I don't agree.

Second hand smoke hurts no one. Maybe it smells a little, but it is harmless. Now obesity is another thing.

Once again I doubt this. I have been on 7 Carnival Cruises, and visit the Piano bar nightly, and never see a "money making" crowd that will make or break Carnival's bank account. At the most on the Liberty two years ago, there were 35 people in there. The Disco and the Karoke bar had 5 times that amount when they were up and running.

You must not be cruising with the right crowd...on the Destiny the place was packed every night, and there was more than 2 drink servers working the room. :D

So is that the reason you always make snide and demeaning comments toward overweight people?

:rolleyes:

By the way....Vanna White wants to know if you want to buy an "N".

:p

Archived