Woo Hoo! Balconies on the Ecstasy

RickyBobby

They have the new deck plans on Carnival's site, but I'm wondering if they're not quite finished. They only show the aft cabins on Upper and Empress as getting balconies. They do show the 8 cat 12 suites getting the extended balconies, though, so why add the extended balconies and not add balconies above and below?

Glad I switched my cabin the other day!

I stumbled over a cruise info site yesterday..and don't ask which one because I don't remember, but I saw deck plans for the Ecstasy after the dry dock installation of balconies this Fall.

I seem to recall that they were on a couple of decks and they were aft and mid ships. They were not the length of the ship. And the pricing was similar to what has been mentioned above.

I stumbled over a cruise info site yesterday..and don't ask which one because I don't remember, but I saw deck plans for the Ecstasy after the dry dock installation of balconies this Fall.

I seem to recall that they were on a couple of decks and they were aft and mid ships. They were not the length of the ship. And the pricing was similar to what has been mentioned above.

Easier to just look at Sensation deck plans and pick from there. Sensation balcony deck plans are already on the Carnival site. Host Mach posted this information 2 or 3 months ago, so the information was out there if you were watching for it like I was. My PVP confirmed it now too, so Carnival has made it official is all, and raised the prices, well they put a balcony guarantee at the fun saver rate out now. A much higher rate than what I booked at. Too bad I only grabbed one Ecstasy booking, but I was already booked up for a while and waited on next year's rates to come out to book some more, too late!!!

We are booked for 3/1/2010 and I just called my TA she says she knows nothing about this...

:confused:

It still only gave us/her the same options.

You can go to the Carnival site yourself and see that Carnival has now offered a balcony BL guarantee, they just havent put in the different categorys. The BL guarantee is like $559 for my date, much higher than early booking rate. Its only offered as fun saver as Lorrie mentioned above.

TAs are often the last to know I guess. Its like mine will warn me a 1A on Conquest is a upper and lower, even though its not, and say well they are just doing their job.

It's now confirmed that when the Ecstasy goes into drydock she will receive balcony cabins and the 5a ocean views will be converted to interior state rooms.

Looks like they took care of the "converting" before the drydock.:p

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=EC

Any thoughts on the reasoning behind Carnival doing this? :confused:

Seems to make a porthole cabin harder to find/select when booking if they are all in the mix with true interior cabins. If they were going to make a change in the way the porthole cabins are classified (especially on Fantasy class ships), I would have expected them to redo them as 5A, 5B, 5C, etc according to the deck levels.

Hi Fly! :) Do you or anyone else, know the size of the balconies? Will they be standard size, or the tiny ones like in a cat 11? Any clue?

Standard size is tiny, I think 10 X 3.5. 35 s.f. is standard size. I think cat 11s are just as small, not smaller, but havent looked.

I dont care if they are tiny, Im getting one. Just to compare and say Iv been on one and take pictures. We accidently choose upper deck. (didnt see Main deck has them too). So, we will be sandwiched in between the 3 decks of new balconies.

Archived