New to NCL. Have questions

sappygirl

DH and I are thinking about taking a cruise on Pearl to Alaska this year. Being new to NCL I have quiet a few questions.

1. Can you tell me what the costs are for the different food venues and what is free and not free?
  2. What is the dress code for dining in any of the food venues?
  3. We are looking into a balcony room but would like to know if they have a large open deck for viewing and if so would crowds be a problem for viewing?
  4. How does the freestyle dining work?
  5. Do they have soda cards for adults or is it just kids?
  6. Do they have an adults only area?

If you have any more info that would help please feel free to let me know. Any info you can give me on this ship would be appreciated. :)

One more question:o

Is room service free and could you tell me what they offer?

Thanks for your help:)

A lot of questions.

1. The Freestyle Daily lists the restaurants everyday informing you when the restaurants open and close, whether reservations are needed, and how much. Depending on the surcharge speciality restaurant, prices are $15-$25. The main dining rooms, the buffet, the bbq grill by the pool, the fast food place, and room service are included, free.

2. Resort casual is always welcomed anywhere on an NCL ship.

3. There is a promenade deck, and the sun deck. There should be plenty of room.

4. Similar to restaurants at home with the main dining rooms. Show up, sit at a table, and eat.

5. Yes, but adult cards are so expensive you have to drink several sodas a day. You are better off just buying them as you go.

6. There is an adult sun deck. Not much else.

Room service is included, free, but they do expect a tip with deliveries. Drinks, sandwiches, and pizzas for most cabins.

DH and I are thinking about taking a cruise on Pearl to Alaska this year. Being new to NCL I have quiet a few questions.

1. Can you tell me what the costs are for the different food venues and what is free and not free?
  2. What is the dress code for dining in any of the food venues?
  3. We are looking into a balcony room but would like to know if they have a large open deck for viewing and if so would crowds be a problem for viewing?
  4. How does the freestyle dining work?
  5. Do they have soda cards for adults or is it just kids?
  6. Do they have an adults only area?

If you have any more info that would help please feel free to let me know. Any info you can give me on this ship would be appreciated. :)

One more question:o

Is room service free and could you tell me what they offer?

Thanks for your help:)

We did the Pearl to Alaska and had a balcony. When you get the Glacier Bay you can hear the naturalist speak through the ships channel on the television. I had the advantage of being able to duck back into our cabin when it got too cold ( and it got COLD) but still being able to see and hear.

I also brought a six pack of Cokes with me. Better than the soda card, I think.

Price of the specialty restaurants:

LeBistro $15 pp

Italian $10 pp

Cagney's Steak House $20, plus some items are an additional $10 pp

Tepanyaki $25 pp

Tex-Mex $10

Free

2 main dining rooms

Blue Lagoon comfort food

Buffet

Room Service

Archived