Western Med

rednde

Does anyone know what the weater is generally like on the Western Med cruise from Barcelona to Italy, Tunisia, etc. in the beginning of October? What kind of clothes should I bring? ...dresses, shorts, sandals???:)??

Thanks,

Red

The weather in the Med will be very much like the mid Atlantic states to Florida...just a little south of you. You can check most any travel guide for prognostications. Temperatures could range from the 60's to high 80's. You should not have any extreme cold but a light waterproof jacket is always good to have as well as good walking shoes. Some of the terrain is very hilly with cobbled streets and paths.

Have a wonderful cruise.

As I live in the Western Med (Mallorca) and have cruised there many times at end October/November and I can tell you it can get pretty cold. Temperatures can vary between 15 and 20 C but with wind chill can feel much colder. The seas state varies but rough seas are not uncommon. Having said that we have encountered lovely days (Sardinia) and awful days with rain (Rome,Nice) but have enjoyed all our cruises. The general weather state in the Western Med is April to Oct temperatures from 15 to 40c sometimes with highs as much as 50c in July/August. I personally have experienced temps of 55c in Audust 2005!!

Archived