Just back from the mariner...

It's been a crazy week at the office but we're just back from the mariner of the sea's...will be posting a review over the weekend...if anyone has any questions go ahead and ask away and i'll answer over the weekend...capt johnny is by the far the best capt. That we have had on rccl...hands down...the man was walking around the ship one day with one green and one red sock...the mans got class...abe hughs...also one of the better cruise directors we have had with rccl...stay tuned for the review...

I am heading out on the Mariner of the 19th of April, my first time to the Mexican Riviera. Any information you can provide reagrding the ports would be greatly appreciated - especially any shore excursions you took. Thanks.

Will you let us know the formal nites and what the dinner themes were (such as Italian,

Mexican, etc.) that would help us plan for the speciality restaurants. Also did you do

MTD and if so how did it work out. We are going in May, have done Mexico before so

I think we will just hang out on the ship.

Hope you had a great cruise. were looking forward to the Mariner, one of our favorite

classes.

Thank you.

Ann

It's been a crazy week at the office but we're just back from the mariner of the sea's...will be posting a review over the weekend...if anyone has any questions go ahead and ask away and i'll answer over the weekend...capt johnny is by the far the best capt. That we have had on rccl...hands down...the man was walking around the ship one day with one green and one red sock...the mans got class...abe hughs...also one of the better cruise directors we have had with rccl...stay tuned for the review...

My DS was on your cruise as well and he told me that Captain Johnny was on this sailing... do you know why he is back on the ship? I understood that Captain Per was supposed to be the Captain.

Did you do My Time Dining or hear how it went on this sailing?

Thanks in advance

I am looking forward to your review of the ports. Now that the ship is within driving distance of me, I am interested in cruising her again from the West Coast. ;)

As for Captain Johnny and Abe. They were both great on our B2B cruises in Sept/Oct of 2008. It was one of the most enjoyable cruises we ever had because of their humor and down to earth friendliness.

My DS was on your cruise as well and he told me that Captain Johnny was on this sailing... do you know why he is back on the ship? I understood that Captain Per was supposed to be the Captain.

Did you do My Time Dining or hear how it went on this sailing?

Thanks in advance

I spoke to Capt. Johnny for a few minutes on our May 2008 cruise last year. I like speaking to the captains when I can because I am 1/4 Norweigan on my mothers side and I have been to just about everywhere in Norway. I asked that same question "Who will be at the helm on the repo cruise and for the sailings from LAX?" He simply replied with a smile "That would be me."

So, it will NOT be the other captain, then? We'll be on the April 5th sailing. I guess we'll find out then. ;) I'm sure that either will steer us to an awesome adventure.

I spoke to Capt. Johnny for a few minutes on our May 2008 cruise last year. I like speaking to the captains when I can because I am 1/4 Norweigan on my mothers side and I have been to just about everywhere in Norway. I asked that same question "Who will be at the helm on the repo cruise and for the sailings from LAX?" He simply replied with a smile "That would be me."

Hi: I was wondering if you can tell me how the weather was for you cruise leaving LA and in Mexico. I'm VERY undecided about doing a cruise out of Florida or this one in February!! :)

We were on the cruise also. To us, it was cold on the first and last sea days. When we left port it was partly cloudy and like 65 degrees. The first sea day out it was in the 60's. 80's for the 3 port days and 1/2 the second sea day. Windy on the 2 days going north which made the pool uncomfortable. Next time, we will do Florida this time of the year.

Will you let us know the formal nites and what the dinner themes were (such as Italian,

Mexican, etc.) that would help us plan for the speciality restaurants. Also did you do

MTD and if so how did it work out. We are going in May, have done Mexico before so

I think we will just hang out on the ship.

Hope you had a great cruise. were looking forward to the Mariner, one of our favorite

classes.

Thank you.

Ann

Hi, formal nights were Monday and Friday. Don't remember all the themes but the most unappetizing night in the MDR was definitely Thursday.

What bar/lounge had the most enjoyable music? Any activities on the ship that are a "can not miss out on" event? How close did the ship get to the Arch in Cabo for picture taking? I look forward to your review, thanks in advance.:)

This was posted earlier today by someone from an email they received...

I can happily say that there are no issues with Captain Per. Actually, I have heard from Captain Per, and both Captain Johnny and he were aboard together for one week, working on a special project.

Captain Johnny is back home enjoying his holiday, and Captain Per will be aboard till he is relieved on May 3rd.

Rick

Archived