Best of Europe on Century from Amesterdam

natalie2

Hello, everyone,

I am thinking about taking this cruise with my 2 parents who are in their 70s. I like the itinerary but then realized that it'll take 2.5 hours one way by bus to get to London and Paris. Has anyone done this cruise and how did it feel? To spend 5 hours on a bus is a drag, but maybe it's worth it? I have mixed feeling.... But price is great, so I cannot decide. Thanks in advance!

Hello, everyone,

I am thinking about taking this cruise with my 2 parents who are in their 70s. I like the itinerary but then realized that it'll take 2.5 hours one way by bus to get to London and Paris. Has anyone done this cruise and how did it feel? To spend 5 hours on a bus is a drag, but maybe it's worth it? I have mixed feeling.... But price is great, so I cannot decide. Thanks in advance!

I would not take a cruise wanting London or Paris as your key sites. If you can visit these cities prior to a cruise, it's great. But to try to see these cities as a day tour... NO WAY! I would visit Honfleur from the La Havre port area or the beaches of Normandy. Paris is not a ship tour. Neither is London. If you could do one city pre-cruise and one city post-cruise, that would certainly be better. I can't even imagine being stuck on a bus with 50 others just for a few hours in each city.

I did love the Century though.

Hello, everyone,

Hi natalie2, I think you're misinformed : taking a bus from Amsterdam to London will take about 10 hours (bus drives first to France, then on the Eurostar to London). From Amsterdam to Paris a busride will take almost 8 hours (with 2 stops included). Even with the high speed train it will take you more than 4 hours to get in Paris, about 6 hours for Amsterdam - London. You'll have to spend at least a couple of days in these cities to make the trip worthwhile.

Hi natalie2' date=' I think you're misinformed : taking a bus from Amsterdam to London will take about 10 hours (bus drives first to France, then on the Eurostar to London). From Amsterdam to Paris a busride will take almost 8 hours (with 2 stops included). Even with the high speed train it will take you more than 4 hours to get in Paris, about 6 hours for Amsterdam - London. You'll have to spend at least a couple of days in these cities to make the trip worthwhile.[/quote']

I haven't looked at the itinerary for this cruise but I think the OP is talking about getting from Le Havre to Paris, and maybe Dover or Southampton into London (presumably both are port stops during the cruise).

Yes, thanks to everyone who responded. Sorry, I wasn't clear - the 2 stops are: Le Havre (presumably Paris), and Dover (London), and it would take 2,5 to get there from the ports.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about pre- or post cruise, to or from Amsterdam.;)

Yes, thanks to everyone who responded. Sorry, I wasn't clear - the 2 stops are: Le Havre (presumably Paris), and Dover (London), and it would take 2,5 to get there from the ports.

The bus ride from Le Harve to Paris was very nice and relaxing. Our coach was very modern & top notch. We made one stop going to strecth our sea legs at a very clean gas station.. The country side is very breath taking; the riding back from Paris half of our bus group were napping.

The trip to Paris was a Ten Plus !!! Just outstanding.

We went on Century last fall out of Amtsterdam and visited Dover then Le Harve in two days.We did the 5 hour bus thing two days in a row.We enjoyed Paris and London but we probably wouldn't do it again unless the ports were a week apart.

Archived