Husband wants to snorkel; I want the beach

m_blue07

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in October and I am trying to gather some information. We have heard about Eden Rock and I have read about it but I am not much into snorkling. My husband on the other hand wants to go snorkling so I was wondering if there was a place in the Cayman Islands where we can satisfy both our wants. I know there is the Seven Mile Beach but I heard that that isn't a good place to go snorkling. All I have heard is go to Eden Rock. Is there a place at Eden Rock where I can just sit and watch him go snorkling? Are there any lounge chairs that I could rent? My ideal would be for him to go snorkling while I am on the beach soaking up some sun but my main priority is for him to be able to go snorkling and actually see things. Thanks for any advice!

I'd think maybe an excursion would cover both areas for you two. Nativeway has an excursion that hits the stingrays, a snorkeling stop and a stay at Rum Point beach. Otherwise, from what I've read and experienced myself, I don't know of any place that has good snorkeling on a beach...most of the good spots are out further.

Sign up with Moby dick for the snorkel and Stingray tour - take the moring tour, which will end near noon. They will happily drop you off at the beach on the way back; from there you are just a $5 cab ride form the pier. Good luck!:)

• 3 weeks later...

We did a beach trip on our own 2 years ago to 7 mile beach. We were able

to do snorkeling as well. It was Ok but nothing like other ports.

We arranged ahead of time a room at the hotel so we were there ALL day long

and had a fresh pool and the beach access. In addition they had waver runner

rentals, lunch access etc.

DH can always book a snorkeling excursion for the AM and meet up with you at the beach.

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in October and I am trying to gather some information. We have heard about Eden Rock and I have read about it but I am not much into snorkling. My husband on the other hand wants to go snorkling so I was wondering if there was a place in the Cayman Islands where we can satisfy both our wants. I know there is the Seven Mile Beach but I heard that that isn't a good place to go snorkling. All I have heard is go to Eden Rock. Is there a place at Eden Rock where I can just sit and watch him go snorkling? Are there any lounge chairs that I could rent? My ideal would be for him to go snorkling while I am on the beach soaking up some sun but my main priority is for him to be able to go snorkling and actually see things. Thanks for any advice!

Cemetery Beach at the far end of 7MB may be your best option. There are several threads in this forum describing it and how to get there.

Pros - Beautiful beach, few people, and good snorkeling

Cons - No chairs, no food/drink service

• 2 weeks later...

Archived