Barbados Condorde Experience?

FunCruiser56

I read a little info about the Concorde Experience in another thread, can anyone share their experience with this? We are really not into the beachs and this along with Harrisons Cave sounds like it might be a winner for our group.

Thanks!

Bev

We went to the Concorde Experience this past January through NCL excursions. We enjoyed it. The Concorde they have in Barbados is the one that flew there each Saturday.

When you first go in you are seated for a video about the design and building of the Concorde as well as what happens while it is in flight. Then you go to a re-created passenger waiting lounge that has items displayed from the Concorde. At last you board the plane and sit in seats while you view another video. As you leave the plane you can step into the cockpit. The intrepretive guides were pleased to use your camera and take a picture of you sitting in a seat on the Concorde.

There are other displays and simulators that you can try/view after you leave the plane. As always, there is a gift shop.

It was well worth the visit for us.

Thanks so much! We have an awesome air museum about 45min from us and we really enjoy it alot but it does not have a concorde! My husband once saw 2 concordes landing at the same time at a airport in Texas- he talked about it for months after.

We want to do this on our own and also visit Harrisons Cave. I don't think our cruiseline offered this particular set up so we will look for a cab driver that will work with us and our group of 6 or perhaps find a tour operator that will give us a private tour with a bit of the island too.

Bev

” Thanks so much! We have an awesome air museum about 45min from us and we really enjoy it a lot but it does not have a Concorde! My husband once saw 2 concords landing at the same time at a airport in Texas- he talked about it for months after.

We want to do this on our own and also visit Harrisons Cave. I don't think our cruiseline offered this particular set up so we will look for a cab driver that will work with us and our group of 6 or perhaps find a tour operator that will give us a private tour with a bit of the island too.

Bev “

I’ve been to the SAC museum in Ashland, if that’s the one near you. A GREAT treat for an avionics-nut like me.

I have been able to make Oshkosh every year but one for the last six.

If you husband loves planes like I do, please treat him to the Concorde. One doesn’t have much of a chance to see one.

Ahhhh, the how-to-do-it question, yes?

I don’t believe I’ve seen the Concorde + Harrison’s listed on any independent tours, but some will custom-make them for you. I am unable to suggest one, however, but perhaps someone else can.

A group of six moves you to a van rather than a car, so you have a special requirement. There are 10 passenger vans available. A tour would be the best answer. If it were just two of you, I’d say just hire a taxi.

You could easily do Harrison’s (closed Mondays and Tuesdays, I Believe), St. John’s Parish church, the Concorde, the Barbados Museum in 5-6 hours. Harrison’s and the Concorde in four hours. Just for your information, figure US$25/hr for up to four in the cab. I would think six would be US$32/hr. in a big van.

ENJOY! :)

Hi, Bev! We were in Barbados this past February off the Emerald Princess. My husband is a big aviation buff and they offered the Concorde Experience as a ship's excursion. However, I checked online and saw that it was possible to do this excursion independently, and so that is what we decided to do. I contacted Cameron Reid, whose services we had used in the past for tours on the island. Cameron has several drivers and vehicles available for tours of the island. On our previous visit, we did as you are wishing to do; we visited Harrison's Caves first and then went on to other attractions. The nice thing about using a private tour operator is that they will whisk you off to Harrison's Caves first thing so that you can get in and out before the buses start arriving and then you can see the rest of your attractions at your leisure. Contact Cameron at camireid@yahoo.com.

Becki

P.S. My husband loved the Concorde Experience! I practically had to drag him out when we were done. :D

Archived