Cabs/Tours/etc.. in Nassau?

birdylady

We are anxiously looking forward to our cruise in May. In doing my research, I'm having trouble deciding what we want to do for the day. one thought was perhaps take a tour of the island in the morning and then go to Atlantis (the 'free' sections) to check it out. What I am wondering is how best to decide how to get a tour and with who. I know in Jamaica there is NO WAY I would just hire a cab/tour person at the port. But in St. Martin they have a very organized approach with the map board, set prices and the like. Can anyone tell me what it's like in Nassau? Is it safe to actually just walk off the ship and hire someone? What type of pricing should I expect. This will be for 4 adults. We don't want to do a large tour. It would be great if it were just us 4 but, if it was with a few other couples, that would be fine too. I also need to make sure whatever the vehicle is they use is easy enough for my mother to get in and out of (perhaps if they have a step stool, if necessary).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

Erika

We are anxiously looking forward to our cruise in May. In doing my research, I'm having trouble deciding what we want to do for the day. one thought was perhaps take a tour of the island in the morning and then go to Atlantis (the 'free' sections) to check it out. What I am wondering is how best to decide how to get a tour and with who. I know in Jamaica there is NO WAY I would just hire a cab/tour person at the port. But in St. Martin they have a very organized approach with the map board, set prices and the like. Can anyone tell me what it's like in Nassau? Is it safe to actually just walk off the ship and hire someone? What type of pricing should I expect. This will be for 4 adults. We don't want to do a large tour. It would be great if it were just us 4 but, if it was with a few other couples, that would be fine too. I also need to make sure whatever the vehicle is they use is easy enough for my mother to get in and out of (perhaps if they have a step stool, if necessary).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

Erika

\

When you are leaving the port, you'll go through the Visitors Center at Festival Place. There are tour reps there that can help you set something up.

Others suggest a driver named Otis, you can ask for him outside by the taxi stand. He and several other drivers give a nice informative (and relatively inexpensive) tour.

Bahamians are very helpful and resourceful, they will find an easy way for you mom to get in and out of the car.

Archived