RCI dropped our fuel surcharge

Just made the final payment on my upcoming cruise in June. To my surprise the fuel surcharge has been dropped therefore making the final payment less than expected! Every little bit helps! :D

Yes, the fuel surcharge was dropped for all sailings a few months ago.

Have a nice cruise. :)

The price of oil is, unfortunately, going up again, so don't be surprised if the surcharge comes back. Which it states in the contract that they will reinstate it if a barrel of oil goes over $65. DH and I are keeping our fingers crossed!:D

The price of oil is, unfortunately, going up again, so don't be surprised if the surcharge comes back. Which it states in the contract that they will reinstate it if a barrel of oil goes over $65. DH and I are keeping our fingers crossed!:D

I don't think they will immediately reinstate it when oil crosses $65. Their most recent policy indicates that they reserve the right to reinstate the fuel surcharge if conditions change, but they do not state they will automatically do so at a given price point for oil futures. I think oil would have to stay elevated for some time before they would take action that would potentially cause a backlash. I also do not think oil is going much higher than where it hit yesterday in the coming weeks.

I don't think they will immediately reinstate it when oil crosses $65. Their most recent policy indicates that they reserve the right to reinstate the fuel surcharge if conditions change, but they do not state they will automatically do so at a given price point for oil futures. I think oil would have to stay elevated for some time before they would take action that would potentially cause a backlash. I also do not think oil is going much higher than where it hit yesterday in the coming weeks.

Well that is good news! Thanks for the clarification. We sure don't need to go thru those outrageous gas prices again :D

Archived