Dress Code Question for MDR - Solstice - Help, Please!

languageartslady

I am going to be leaving on Sunday and I was trying to figure out what I'm wearing... I know that in the MDR, you're not allowed to wear jeans (of course!) but does that apply to jean skirts?

I don't want to stand out or not be allowed to eat, so I need to get this figured out now.

Sometimes the first night is a little less formal, right? If so, would the skirt be okay then?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

You're going to get a lot of answers here and people quoting the dress code to you. But, I'll tell you what I saw when I was on the Solstice.

Casual nights, I seen jean skirts (some verrry short, like don't bend over) and jeans, capris, slacks, skirts, dresses, you name it.

Formal nights, dressy pants, long gowns, short cocktail dresses.

It was a mish mash of style.

Judy

We were on the Solstice on Feb 15 /09

We dressed up because we like to do that.

People dressed fine-but did see almost every night jeans and my daughter,who I made get dressed up every night did make sure I saw the few people who wore shorts to dinner.

I do not care what others wear to dinner so it did not bug me

Your skirt will be fine

Have fun

Thanks, Jaycor! That does help. I mean, I do like to dress up, but somehow, I was coming up short on outfits this time. I would never wear shorts, though...

And since I didn't have the bright idea to actually figure out what I'm wearing until right now, time is not on my side.

Last cruise I was on, we sat with people who were wearing jeans with holes in them, shirts with many, many holes and stained, and hats.

I guess it does take all sorts. At least they were nice!

I will wear my skirt and not worry. After all, I wear it to church, so it's not inappropriate. It's cute! I just was worried that it wasn't going to be allowed.

Thanks for all the help!

Archived