Aruba Beaches with small children?

tommycoop

My husband is taking a diving excursion in Aruba on April 11th, leaving me to take care of entertaining myself and my young boys. I have looked through the threads, looking for a beach area decent enough to take care of my 5 year old and almost 2 year old, but not on the crowded Palm Beach. I am willing to spend some money on any day passes that may be available, but also adventurous enough to "wing" it if there are other suggestions for beach areas not populated by masses of ship passengers and high rise guess. However, I liked the look of the Radisson for the pool areas...so you see my point? I feel like I need some direction and advice.

If you want relatively calm ocean water, it's either Baby Beach or Palm Beach. If I were traveling with children the ages of yours, I'd go with the Radisson.

It's on Palm Beach, has great facilities and you'll have your choice of the infinity pool or the ocean. The ocean is great, but it can sometimes be difficult getting in/out. The Radisson's infinity pool is ideal with young kids.

Thanks for the info! That is where I am leaning at this point, too. I just hope they are offering some sort of day pass. I'm not relishing forking out the lowest room price of $255.00 for the use of their facilities for the day. Thanks again!

Thanks again for the help on this. I did contact the Radisson directly, and they informed me that they indeed have day passes available, that no reservation is required and that I can just go to the front desk when I arrive and pay $16 dollars per person. I truly hope this is the way it turns out, as this seems like a real bargain for the use of their facilities for the day!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice to hear about the Raddisson for 16.00pp. Do they offer snorkeling there?

There is nothing to see in the waters off the Radisson. It is just a white sandy bottom. You may see some fish swimming by, but that is just a random thing. :)

If you have your own snorkel gear, for snorkeling, a short walk south towards the Phoenix Resort, there is a break that goes about 80 yards out into the water. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5663237&lon=-70.0513762&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=2 The water is very calm there. There is also a little rock island

palai_sm.JPG click on thumbnail to enlarge

Here you should be able to find some fish, octopus, etc. There is a little Polis (Police) substation right there on the beach (point of reference- between the Westin and Phoenix). This is a perfect spot on Palm Beach if you just want to do some snorkeling on your own for free :)

Unfortunately the sand here is loaded with tiny coral pieces and rocks, but there is free shade

palac_sm.jpg click on thumbnail to enlarge

No chaises though nor much else close by. See the bottom half of the page http://www.arubabound.com/photos/plmbch/pbch3.htm

IF you need to rent snorkel gear, http://www.arubawatersportcenter.com/pricelist_WS.htm the Aruba Watersports Center is right there on Palm Beach. They are located at the northern end of the Radisson's beach.

Archived